Thursday, May 29, 2008

Life Sentence of Pregnancy.

The latest up-date:
It has been quite the week of ups and downs for us. It's been very hard for me having the original mind set of not going past the 24th to where I am now. Yesterday we went to our appt. fully expecting to be induced last night. The doctor said we would be--we believed him. Plus the fact he knew our insurance from my work will run out May 31st made us pretty confident that he would take compassion on us (since again he said he would never let it get that far). Last night his compassion ended with "you can always spend $1,500 and get Cobra insurance; it's not really my problem." Apparently doctors forget what it is like to be starving students that spent the last year planning exactly how they would make this all work. They can't fathom how we stretch that amount of money that they probably throw into their monthly Ranger Rover payment.

It was a huge disappointment when they sent us home telling us that although it wasn't looking good to call in the morning. After crying for so long my head hurt Bryan pointed out that it wasn't doing us any good to be mad and that we needed to just place our faith in Heavenly Father. So listening to my wise husband that's what we have done. Today again we called like directed and after two calls were told that they planned to get us in by 4 o'clock today. She even went as far as to give me instructions on what to do through out the day. I was over joyed to hear this news! But when 3:30 rolled around and they hadn't called like they promised I started to worry and call them. Actually Bryan forced me to because I hate taking initiative. Now again they are saying that it doesn't look good which leaves us with two options:

1. Go into labor naturally so we actually have my good insurance. (If this were actually an option I would have done it a long time ago).
2. Be induced Monday when I am 10 days over due and my insurance no longer covers us.

I feel like the high school girl friend sitting next to the phone praying it rings, double checking every 2 minutes to make sure the battery isn't too low or that the ringer didn't somehow get turned off. MONDAY?!? I seriously have my doubts that I will be alive by then. But once again...what can you do but have faith that it will all work out in the end.

1 comment:

*katie said...

I'm so sorry...I'll keep you in every prayer I say today, tomorrow, the next day...hopefully we hear something from you all soon!!