Besides the lack of news on the baby front things here in Shingle Springs are going great! Bry is really loving his internship and gaining lots of useful knowledge. He told me he's surprised at how much he actually learned this year in school. Glad all his time studying wasn't wasted. :) He has spent the last few days in court and almost witnessed a brawl; Today he informed me he will be doing depositions. I, on the other hand, will be sitting by the pool reading Work and the Glory praying this baby decides to listen to his father. (Bryan gave him an eviction notice yesterday...how loving is he?!?)
I also thought this would be appropriate being that it was just Mother's Day. I was able to read Elder Ballard's Daughters of God talk this morning which touched me deeply. Because of everything Bryan and I have been through to bring this little boy into our family I have never REALLY stopped to think how much work being a mom will be. Maybe that's the wrong way to put it--I have definitely thought about it--but to me the blessings and desire to be a mother have far out weighted anything else, as I'm sure they always will. As I read his talk I felt a strong need to remember what he said and how I feel at this point in my life.
He said, "recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."
I just always want to remember that when things get a little difficult, as I'm sure they will, that I want to be a mother more than anything. This little boy is one of my biggest blessings from a loving Heavenly Father; I am elated to experience the joy that comes in the little moments of motherhood. And to all you mothers and mother-hopefuls out there: I have such a deep respect for each of you and all you do.

5 comments:
Hi Ashley,
Sorry you have to go past your due date as well...I remember how miserable it was. Well, to comment on what you said about how hard being a mom was, I just want to say for the record that Eve is now 19 months old, and although she is a full-time job, I consider being a mom the greatest blessing and privilege I have ever been given by my Heavenly Father. I still spend some short nights, I deal with messes and tantrums, but I forget about them the second I see my baby's face and hear her laugh.
hey i'm glad you got one after we talked about painting our toes pregnant the other day! so good to talk to you. keep me updated after your appt. tomorrow. good luck!
and i agree with the mom quote... so hard sometimes, and so worth it!
I love that qoute... I really needed that! Thanks Ash!
I'm glad that you got pampered, and I hope that he decides to listen to Bryan and come soon!
I love a good mani/pedi, I'll get one someday when we have an income again...
I loved Elder Ballard's talk and that quote espically. So good!
Post a Comment