Monday, May 05, 2008

The Joys of Living on Property...

I grew up in the city, surrounded by neighbors, where fences weren't allowed because it messed up the neighborhood aesthetics...Bryan on the other hand grew up on "property". Apparently this is what the wealthy California people call it...back home we call it the country, or the boonies. :)
Well I got yet another new "property" living experience yesterday. It's called shearing the sheep. Supposedly they have done this before, but the pictures might give you a different impression.
"Uh...what now?"
"I guess we have to try and get the sheep on his butt or he'll buck and run away."
20 minues later... "So now we start shearing?"
"This is disgusting."
Bryan: "WHAT IS THAT?!?!" Father in law: "His talliwacker. Don't shear that."A painfully long time later....

Poor Rambo. It's not a good looking hair cut but it's free.

On the way home more comedy ensued...

I wouldn't let Bryan drive because his hands were covered in sheep. Actually, I wouldn't even let him sit in the front...he sat in the back on the way home.

Me: "I haven't driven in a week. This feels weird."

Two seconds later, out of no where, a deer jumps off the hillside we are driving next to and almost lands on my car. I have a heart attack.

Bryan: "It shows."

Then we get home and I back into a pile of bricks. Awesome. Love living on property.

7 comments:

*katie said...

Oh goodness, you are going to have such a fabulous time living on "property"! I'm having to subdue my laughter so I don't wake the boys up!!

benandkiki said...

That is so funny! I love those pictures. I've always been a city girl myself, that sheep looked so awesome. I can't believe you're going to have your baby in within two 1/2 weeks. That's so exciting. I'll be anxiously awaiting pictures on your blog.

SuzyO said...

So funny. It looks like you are having quite the adventure!

kami said...

that sheep is huge!! you're getting so close...can't wait to see pictures of your cutie!

kristen said...

oh my gosh ashley! i thought this is what you guys did in wisconsin for fun! that thing is nasty! when is my baby coming!?

adam and andrea said...

Ashley...didn't you back into something else before...in Jackie's driveway?? : ) Can't wait to see pics of the baby!! Good luck!!

Melissa said...

Wow...that shearing contraption looks frightening! No wonder Rambo didn't want a trim!