Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Hypocrite
I, Ashley Dianna Vermillion Hoggatt Phipps, admit that I am a HUGE hypocrite. From the day Harry Potter books entered the world I was determined not to read them. My mom read them to my little brother and she then tried to tell me how amazing they were; I thought she was ridulous. How could books about magical wizards and witches be any good?!? Then my other sister read them; she was insane too. Then my friends started reading them and I made sure to mock each of them. My coworkers and boss told me how incredible they were and I was determined not to cave. On and on and on...well I have given in. I am completely in love with Harry Potter--the series is soooo well written; I love her character development and the attatchment you gain through out each book. I just finished the seventh book and I can honestly say I'm very sad its done. I am definitely a hypocrite but I really don't care because JK Rowlings is wonderful and I can admit when I'm wrong. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like you used to be quite the muggle! :) I still have to go back and read from book 3. But I agree that the books are fantastic!
Yes...Steph is very behind as well. Mike and I can't get into bed fast enough at night, each with our own copy. It is very drawn out, thanks to the munchkins...but I'm loving it every bit the same. Live on Harry....
Hey this is Camille, Steph's sister, I love Harry Potter too and like you I was not a believer at first and now I am in the middle of book 7 and take it w/ me everywhere! It bugs when people who have not read Harry Potter and dis it so bad! Lame! I feel like I can post and read your blog cause I hear all about your from Steph! It is like we are long lost friends. :)
I'm so glad you've finally come around the the happiness Harry Potter can bring! Now can you convince my Brian? I still can't get him to read them...I even tried reading them aloud to him! Maybe if we take a car trip and I can get them on cd...
Post a Comment