*Bryan, Me, Steve, Jenna, Kelli, Dana *

I am always surprised at how small the world keeps getting. Jenna applied to work here; I recognized her last name and realized she had married one of my friends from the days at King Henry. Steve and I had even road tripped to Oregon for Thanksgiving one year. So on top of getting a really great friend out of Jenna it was great to see Steve again. Also after Jenna had been working here awhile, through a complete fluke, we found out that we are going to be related. :) Okay not really related but Byran's cousin is marrying Jenna's brother. So kind of related. Last night Bry's cousin just happened to be over there. Not only one of his cousins but two of his cousins. Well we all know how social Bry is--did he say one word to them the entire night?!? NO! Granted none of us could really blame him because that family is a bit awkward--but come on they are family! I think most of us were highly entertained. He went to great lenghts to avoid her. I mean walking around the house instead of through it to get to the pool, turning his head at the exact right moments, placing me in front of him, ducking, etc. At the end of the night she was in the kitchen. I'm thinking there is no way he's going to be able to avoid this conversation. Boy was I wrong. He shimmies against the wall, looking the opposite direction with out being cornered...very impressive. Lucky for me I've only met her a few times and she didn't recognize me, therefore no need for me to shimmy. Either way I'm pretty sure his dad would be EXTREMELY impressed. You've taught him well Paul; Be proud!
To wrap this up we had a great night with lots of laughs--many at the expense of poor Jenna and Steve's current living situations. If nothing else last night I learned that you should never live with in laws if it involves a see through curtain and a door doesn't lock. :)

3 comments:
Looks like you had fun! Hey, I can't tell from the picture too well, but I think I knew Steve my freshman year! Haha! Ask Jenna if her husband was known as "Scuba Steve" his freshman year (a nickname with no reasoning...it just went with "Steve") and ask if he lived in Merrill Hall freshaman year, in a ward with Hinckley 2100 girls. (He would know me as "Kisby", or "one of the Janelle's", if anything). If it's him--what a small world indeed!
--Janelle
Two Cousins???
Bryan! I'm so glad I'm not your cousin! How akward!
Post a Comment