Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

For the 4th of July this year we had a BLOCK PARTY in Normandy with all our good friends from the ward. We grilled out and played boccie ball until it got dark out. We also made a weak attempt to play celebrity and I'm pretty sure that, as always, the girls won! To truly celebrate our independence our husbands turned into 12 year old boys again and played with fireworks. To their credit they put on quite a show, but not without some hand casualties. I tried to catch some pictures of their artistic displays, but not without making an idiot of myself first. I had to be informed that you must take the cap off the camera before you can see anything. I have such good friends to share that pertinent information with me.

Megan was the red, I was the white, and Bry was the Blue.

Probably the best part of the night was when the boys started "experimenting". We had bought the parachute men fireworks. So they decided to put a flower (the ones that spin out of control) on top of a parachute man. The first time they did it the flower went flying up and lands in the stair well of one of the condos. The second time it lands on top of one of the car ports; the third time it chased Bryan half way down the road. The best part of it all was how ridiculous they all looked high fiving each other after it worked. Quite entertaining. Amy got it all on video thank goodness :)






More and more each day I am grateful for the country that we were born into and for the many blessings of the freedoms we experience. And with that Happy Forth of July everyone.

Love,
The Pyromaniac Family

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

Ok...first of all Mike's booty is all over your blog, Love it!!! Second of all, that first picture of me is SICK! We had so much fun and were glad to have you fun kids over.

Janelle said...

A block party and fireworks with friends--sounds like the perfect 4th of July!