I was at the gym when I saw this flash on the news station and I think my heart stopped. I started panicking, racking my brain to think if this was the same bridge we'd taken so many times to get from Wisconsin to Minnesota. I was praying tonight was not one of the many nights my parents had to drive over for church stake meetings. I was thinking of my friends back home. Thankfully, in my small world everyone was okay. I've always had great sympathy for those who have had to endure a devestating tragedy; two nights ago gave me an even deeper, yet still very surface understanding of what these poor family survivors have had to deal with. It's saddening. This is just one of those moments in life that I'll remember.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Minneapolis I-35 Bridge
I was at the gym when I saw this flash on the news station and I think my heart stopped. I started panicking, racking my brain to think if this was the same bridge we'd taken so many times to get from Wisconsin to Minnesota. I was praying tonight was not one of the many nights my parents had to drive over for church stake meetings. I was thinking of my friends back home. Thankfully, in my small world everyone was okay. I've always had great sympathy for those who have had to endure a devestating tragedy; two nights ago gave me an even deeper, yet still very surface understanding of what these poor family survivors have had to deal with. It's saddening. This is just one of those moments in life that I'll remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ashley!!
That is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you and Bryan. Congrats...on his accomplishments before beginning law school...absolutely amazing!!!
Love you!!
Post a Comment