Monday, August 20, 2007

California Sunshine

I'm pretty sure that being in Califonia just makes everything twice as nice. The sun is better, the food is better, my hair is better (they have good water there). This was our last big vacation before Bryan started law school and we did tons of fun stuff! We made sure to eat at our favorite cafe, LaBou, about 5 times--no I'm not exaggerating. I'm pretty sure that I will not be eating out for about 3 months because of all the food we had while we were there. We had to go to all the places Utah doesn't have. Roundtable pizza, Chinese, Italian, Mexican...we had it all. Paul and Jolene took us to this amazing restaurant, Infusion. It blended all types of different ethnic food together and it was incredible. I had ribs! MMM! And the place had deep fried cheese cake--incredible. Basically we ate a lot and now we will diet that next months away.
Bry's cousin Mike got married while we were there in the Sacramento Temple to cute Tiffany. It was so fun to be at their ceremony and be reminded of our wedding. This also meant that we got to see a bunch of his extended family and had a BBQ with some of them.


















After a pool day with the kiddies we had our Murder Mystery dinner. Makayla liked my headband so I made her a matching one. She called us twins the whole night. Makayla is getting too funny. Hearing all her comments were cracking me up. Here is a sample for you all:

Tami: "What color do you want your new room to be? Green or Yellow to match your bedding?" Makayla: "I have to have a John Dear room?"

Tami: "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Makayla: "I want to be a mom so I can have eyes in the back of my head."

And lastly for Jarom:

Me: "Which curling iron should I get?" Makayla: "The blue one."

Me: "I thought blue was for boys?" Makayla: "Oh yeah. Buy that one for Aunt Jarom because he curls his hair every morning."

So...Elder Phipps, aka Aunt Jarom, your curling iron is on it's way to Boston. :)


















Bryan and I went out on a date. :) He took me to downtown Old Folsom where we ate at My Cousin Vinnie's on the balcony. I loved it!!! We also went to two movies while we were there: Rush Hour 3 and Bourne Ultimatum. Bourne was such an awesome movie! Another thing I discovered while in California is that thrift stores aren't completely worthless. I have developed a great love for reading and while we were hunting for our mystery outfits I found tons of classic hard cover books for only $3! Bry found a bunch of brand new John Grisham books for the same price. It was a hidden treasure under all the junk!




















Bry took me on a golf cart ride around his neighborhood. While we are driving we came across the infamous house that Bryan and his cousin Brian terrorized. They knocked out EVERY SINGLE WINDOW in this entire house. Do you see all those windows?!? Then the geniuses proceeded home to ask their parents to come back with them to show them a motorcycle they found on that property. Not suspicious at all that all the windows in the home next to the motorcycle were broken. Did I mention my husband starts law school in a week...



We looked at dream homes while we were there. Awh I wish!! We found the prettiest five acre estates. I would get a horse and zebra to live on my land and maybe even a Pygmy goat. :) As always we had such a great time with Bry's family. We wish we were closer... someday when we have 1.5 million we will be able to move to the California sunshine into our dream home.

1 comment:

Kelli and Dana said...

Ok So I miss you all too. Yes, Texas is ok but right now I'm so bored I could almost come back to the health center again...almost:) Wish me luck finding a job and hope you don't go too stir crazy at work. By the way, nice hair boa. Your murder mystery looked awesome! Tell Bryan I actually believe the slimy lawyer bit. Maybe BYU will clean him up a bit:) Have a fun week!