Thursday, August 23, 2007

Phipps Up-date

You know that feeling right before you are about to go over the big dip of a huge roller coaster? When your stomach feels like it's in your throat, but you can't decide weather that's a good or bad thing. You're excited, your scared, your nauseated, your nervous, etc. Bry started Law School this week and this is exactly how I have been feeling. I'm so happy for him to begin this adventure that he has been waiting for for the past five plus years. I'm excited for him to learn the things that he is already passionate about and to gain an amazing education. I know he will be dedicating himself to this education heart and soul. On the other hand I'm a little saddened because I know that the time that I'm so used to us spending together will not be as numerous. But it will all be worth it and I feel very lucky to be the supportive wife. Let the roller coaster ride begin. I can't wait to see where the ride takes us. No matter what happens, I am truly grateful that I am in the roller coaster car with Bryan.
Last night we went to a welcome evening at Professor Echo Hawk's home. Because of everything that has been happening in our little family over this past year and a half I have sometimes doubted whether or not BYU was the right choice for us. It has been a trial moving forward and having faith after the miscarriages, and some days the internal struggle has been heightened by the Provo atmosphere. Some days I have wondered if Virginia or California would have been a better fit for us. Last night gave me a very reassuring feeling that everything will work out for the best with our family being here. I am grateful for the special spirit that is here at BYU. I pray that it will be with Bryan as he gains his education. I am so proud of him for all his accomplishments, but mostly for his amazing character.
I forced Bry to get pictures in his BYU Law attire. These faces represent emotions I'm sure he'll be feeling this next year :) Orientation has been great; He's more excited than ever for school to begin. I am also starting classes again so I am able to apply for graduate school this coming winter if I choose. I'm excited to go back and learn!!
As for the progress we are making with my wonderful body; My surgery has been put off until September 25 but until then doctors have upped my clomid to 100mg. They are hoping that we can just get pregnant and not have to worry about the surgery. Our fingers are crossed! I am just grateful to being going in a forward direction!
Other exciting news is that I got a nice raise at my job! Another perk of the Health Center was brought to my attention yesterday when I was informed that a patient with active TB came in and half the reception dept was exposed. Delightful. I was panicking but the doctors told me its about a .001% chance of actually contracting it. Now I'm sure no one will want to talk to me.
Other than that I am just really excited for my little sister to get out here for her freshman year. It's going to be really nice to have Megan and Erika out here!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Congrats on starting the law school experience! If you're going to do the law school and law wife thing, there's no better place to do it than wonderful BYU LAW! (But I'm a little biased...). Congrats!
-Janelle

Melissa said...

Woohoo! Congratulations Brian! This is such an exciting start! I heard that you already made the acquaintance of one of my best friend's husbands! They are such an incredible couple and of course I told them to keep an eye out for the fabulous Phipps! Good luck!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

HELLO! I am so glad you wrote me... We are in Salt Lake now.. One of our Best friends just started BYU law. That is so exciting! We should all get together sometime!

Steph said...

I understand your fear of becoming a "law school widow"!!! haha. Ryan started a week ago and we're already adjusting to turning off the tv and spending a few hours at night together before going to bed at 10:30 :) By the way, I love all of your pictures!...oh and that shirt that I'm wearing is from 'Sugar Lips' and I got it at a boutique here in Washington.

selway2005 said...

Dear Bryan and Ashley,

We wish you a great first year at BYU Law...I know that Ashley will make the adjustment as smooth as possible and I commend her for being so supportive of him. I am glad that Levi still has a couple years before starting med school so he can actually come home every evening and we can enjoy our family together.
Love,
Anabelle

Kelli and Dana said...

TB! They had TB! Oh how I left in the nick of time. Although I will miss the daily threat of emminent sickness. All I have to worry about now is catching a computer virus...chuckle chuckle