Sunday, April 01, 2007

Project Phipps

HMMMM...
General Conference was over for Saturday, I had already learned today how big of an idiot I am (who knew you had to get your tires rotated?!?), we had already had a fun BBQ at Hancock's, and now we were in conundrum...bored with nothing to do. So we started an adventure and drove around town until we thought of something. Up and down University Parkway we went...down Center Street, turn around and headed to the mall, then back down the road again. AND then Bryan got a genius idea. Previous to this event I fell in love with a message station from Pottery Barn--but of course those words bring big $$ signs with them. As we passed Michael's Bryan says--"I've got it--lets make a message station." So we started the project of making our very own message station. And if I do say so myself I am very proud of our handy work--well mostly Bryan's. :) So here is our Journey--only took 3 hours to do.
Step 1: Preparation:)
Step 2: Spray painting
Step 3: More painting
Step 4: Assembly
Step 5: Touch Ups
Step 6: Hang (even though we are moving in 2 weeks--Bry had to try it out on the wall)

FINAL PRODUCT! YAY!

We had a blast making this together and were pretty happy with the way it turned out.

And no Janelle, it's not just the letters P-H-I-P-P-S. That would not constitute a message station. :)

5 comments:

adam and andrea said...

I'm very excited about the blogging world!! I'm lovin' your message board...you are so Ashley Martha Stewart! Very impressive!! : ) I love reading about your adventures - how fun!

kami said...

very cute project! way to go :) i'm very impressed!

Melissa said...

You guys are so creative! Why didn't we think of that!

Linds said...

I've been wanting one of those too! Maybe you'll just have to help me make one!

Anngilee said...

that is very cute! how did you go about making it after the spray painting??? how was it held together? i would love to make one of my own! you guys did a wonderful job on it