

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, cards, and meals Friday! Everything went really well. We got to the Hospital early in the morning and I don't remember much after that--but apparently
Bry got a little photo happy and got lots of pictures of me looking amazing. I'm sure I asked him to for scrapbooking purposes. Haha! Anyway we got there and three of the nurses that were taking care of me were named Ashley. Good omen. :) They were so nice, but they could not get the IV in my arm. My veins would disappear as soon as they gave me a shot of n
ovocaine. It hurt
sooo bad--I hate needles. So after they tried three times the anesthesiologist had to come do it. I guess they forgot to give me morphine like they normally do before they took me in for the
actually surgery so I when I came to I was crying. They must

have

definitely

compensated for it because they gave me morphine,
tortall, and 2 others that I can't even remember. But basically I didn't feel or remember a thing for the next 10 hours.
Bry was so good as always. Although I didn't think it possible to be any closer, that has been yet another unforeseen blessing of this situation. Enduring things together is an incredible thing. He stayed with me, made me laugh, and got me magazines and lots of junk food. I think we watched two seasons of the Office this weekend while I "recovered". To sum it all up I am so thankful this is all over, but also SO thankful for all that we have gained from this experience. AND I am extremely grateful I was born in this day and age with modern medicine. I am not tough enough to survive with out it :)
2 comments:
Ashley! I'm so glad everything went ok- I was praying for you this weekend! I wanted to call you today so bad but I am totally out of minutes this month on my phone and dying! I have to wait until Thursday to use my phone so I just wanted to say that I love you and am glad that is all over with! Let me know if there is anything I can do... although you might have to email me to let me know! :)
I'm glad to hear that things went well. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment