My younger brother Logan sent me a link to a Washington Post Journalist, Charles Krauthammer, because he doesn't think I'm educated enough on my politics--true statemtent. But what I really came to know through reading his articles is that not only am I lacking in the area of politics, I am also no master of the vast English language. OR maybe my brother is just extremely intelligent.
Quiz Yourself:
capitulation
innocuous
behemoth
ingratiation
internecine
maelstrom
venal
How'd you do? (If you knew them all--please don't tell me--my self-confidence is fragil :))
After quizzing Janelle to make sure I wasn't the only one that didn't know what these words meant (aka that I wasn't a complete idiot--even though I am because Janelle knew some and Bryan knew them all--surprising) we decided to start a vocab list. Whenever we come across a word who's meaning is unknown to us we will write it down and then add it to our ever growing lexicon. If you have any big words you'd like to share feel free. If you wanted added to our mailing list let us know :) We don't have one yet but I'm sure Janelle is dying to start one.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
ps... i totally know how you feel. i bet my brother knows every word on that list and i can't say i know a single one! and we are college graduates! ok...almost Ü
yeah um i don't really know any of these...so much for thinking i'm good at english! don't feel bad, it seems most of us are with you on this one! :)
You'll have to add virile to that list after saturday night!
Mike used "behemoth" on the phone today and I nearly peed my pants thinking of your blog. What a crazy man!
Post a Comment