Last night we had a party at Anderson's house to celebrate--basically we did what our family does best--eat and talk! I LOVE my extended family--they don't feel very extended at all! Words could never explain how thankful I am that we are so close. I am so so grateful for the blessings of a wonderfully, incredible, magnificent, fantastic, brilliant family! :) Here are some pictures of our family time:
The boys: Basically a Cousin Jeff (aka Tater Tot), Tosh, who is leaving for his mission to Arkansas in May, and my amazing uncle Jan. Jan's life is such a miracle to those that have been able to be part of it. His life itself and his character are so incredible. Most people that live through traumatic head injuries have extreme trouble controlling their words and mouths. Jan's righ
teousness has been such an example to all of us; since the accident he has never had a problem with that--his true Christ-like character has really show through. And my amazing Aunt and her faith has also been such a testimony builder to all of us that have seen what she has had to endure. If anyone has been refined for Eternity and faithful it is her! They are an amazing family--and I am so thankful to be part of it! :)
This is my cousin Mo. He lived in San Diego. I lived in WI. Sad. We didn't meet until we were way older than we should have been. Since then and especially since Provo time, he has become one of my greatest friends. We've had lots of unforgettable road trips, long boarding outtings, cousin time, and even a lake rapids scare. Basically he and Scotty were my entertainment when I got homesick and even when I wasn't. ;) Even though I have yet to pay up on the homecooked meals I owe him, he's still my buddy.
This picture, as requested by Mike, is here for Aunt Annette. You've raised a fine young man! :)
And here is Grandma Zelda and Grandpa Al--the glue to this family! For me these two define what unconditional love is. They give it freely to each one of their family members. It's hard not to be overwhelmed by it. I hope some day my grandkids admire me as much as I know we each admire them.
This is Kelsey and me! We look like we should be sisters--some days I would have taken her as a replacement of Cody. I'm pretty sure my dear dad feels the same way. Only kidding.And you may be wondering where my husband is? He is working--but don't feel too sorry for him--he still got fed! We missed him though!


1 comment:
oh i love your fam so much. i miss sunday dinners. and mike totally looks like scott in that first picture- what a cute family! and nice layering of the shirts... if i don't say so myself! Ü
Post a Comment