Thursday, March 29, 2007

10 Coldest Cities in the US: And I lived in one.

I was just looking at places that I would want to live, waaaay down the road when Bry finishes law school, and I came across this site about weather facts. For all my dear friends that thought I was exaggerating about how FREEZING it was in St. Cloud--now you can believe me. It's number 10 out of all the cities in the United States...and I had to walk to class in that. What was I thinking?!? AVERAGE ANNUAL TEMP OF 41 DEGREES. That's nuts! And the number 2 city is where one of my best friends from HS went--one weekend when I went up to visit we got caught in the worst blizzard of the year. If I remember right it was like 3 feet of snow....anyway a drive that normally takes an hour and a half took 4 hours. OH, the memories of the midwest :)


Interesting United States Weather Facts and Extremes

10 coldest cities
Average Annual Temperature
1. International Falls, Minnesota 36.4
2. Duluth, Minnesota 38.2
3. Caribou, Maine 38.9
4. Marquette, Mi 39.2
5. Sault Ste Marie, Mi 39.7
6. Fargo, North Dakota 40.5
7. Williston, N Dakota 40.8
8. Alamosa, Colorado 41.2
9. Bismarck, N Dakota 41.3
10. St. Cloud, Minn 41.4





Janelle and I working at the good old Student Health Center--not too thrilled about our current weather situation. Where did spring go?!? The snow and rain gets a big thumbs down!

No comments: