Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh Blessed Fondue--How I love you!!

I have found a new love in my life--FONDUE!!!--It is so amazing!!! Words can't even say how good it is. Anyway, as you can see Bryan and I got to go to our first fondue party this weekend at our friends, the Hancock's, house. Melissa made amazing fondue--and now I'm obsessed. We had three courses--the appetizer: cheese fondue and french bread; the main course: chicken and beef with 4 different dipping sauces; and dessert: chocolate fabulous fondue! We dipped Macaroons, strawberries, bananas, and doughnuts. Anyone who knows me can guess which course was my favorite :)
Course numbero dose: the meat. Melissa had it set up so cute! We sat around the coffee table and all dug in! Delicious!
The Group!

Bryan and Me enjoying our chocolate dipped strawberries. You can see little Maddie grabbing for some too :)
How cute is she?!? We had so much fun playing with her!
One thing that I am so thankful for is how beautiful the area we live in is. The mountains are always so overwhelming to me. I am not so thankful for the cold, but the snow really makes them look amazing. I had to take a picture because the sky was so blue, and the full moon--it just looked really pretty.
And to wrap up our weekend excitment...
I have become such a homemaker...my mother and grandmother would be proud. Friday night I made homemade breadsticks while Bryan was at work. His younger sister Megan called and told me how pathetic that was. Then when Bryan got home we made a fort in our family room, watched Pride and Prejudice, and ate the breadsticks. :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I love it! What a fun weekend you had. And that fondue looked REALLY GOOD.
--Janelle

kristen said...

ok we need to do this... seriously soon. and i love bry's hair in the last picture... very elvis Ü

Melissa said...

Yay for Fondu! Thanks for coming, you guys! What a cute idea to make a living room tent Ashley! Now if only I could get Mike to watch Pride and Prejudice in one...or anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley...
Thanks for the idea of putting a blog together, and thanks for your comments. You are amazing, really! being a homemaker, a fun wife, and such a cool colleague. We need to hang out so you can teach me the ropes!
--Anabelle