I've shared many of Bry's sleeping stories with you all before, and I'm about to share some more. Since having Caden, as I mentioned before, our lives have been lacking in the sleep department. Bryan especially struggles with this because he needs his sleep or he doesn't really function. . . at all. Every night I try to get up with Caden from about 1 AM on. Well, each night Bryan has also been "waking up" to put his two cents in.
Here are his most recent sleep talking comments:
"Geeeeeeeeeez, you've been doing that for like 5 minutes." (I'm changing his diaper--I had gotten him completely changed and then he went again; then in the middle of changing that diaper he peed on me so I was ready to kill Bryan.) As if that comment wasn't enough he continues with, "Maybe we should sign you up for a speed changing class."
Goes back to sleep.
Bryan: "WHERE ARE THE BABIES?!?"
Me: "Babies?!?!?"
Bryan: "Yeah all our other babies are missing."
Me: "Sorry, we only have one."
Bryan: "Oh."
Goes back to sleep.
Bryan: "HOW?????????"
Me: "Oh bless. How what?"
Bryan: "How are we supposed to deal with this?"
Goes back to sleep.
At about 5 PM Bryan says: "I'll take Caden all night. I know you are really sick and I want you to get better."
Me: "Thanks honey that's so nice of you. Blah, blah, blah."
At about 3 AM I say: "Bry he's crying, he really needs fed."
No response.
Me: "Are you going to feed him?"
Bry: "No, you can."
Rolls over, puts covers over his head, and goes back to sleep.
He claims he doesn't remember any of these incidents, which all occured on different nights. Hmmm....
We had Caden's two week appt on Friday. He now weighs 7lb 10oz and is 20 inches long. Unfortunately he still doesn't even fit into his newborn outfits. Guess it's a good thing I didn't return them all. He's still amazing us with how good natured he is. Everyone here calls him our "sucker baby" because at this point I'm totally wanting another one sooner than later.

6 comments:
I am sorry you are sick. So am I. There must be something going around. Although I don't have the stress of a newborn, so I am getting over it fairly fast thank goodness. You guys are awesome. Love reading your blogs.
Man it's tough the first little bit, it doesn't help when you don't feel well. Hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night early. A good nights rest makes the whole world seem better. You're such a cute mom.
Oh my gosh! I love his dancing video-absolutely precious! I always watch So You Think You Can Dance - it's the only show I ever really 'have' to watch. He is sooo incredibly cute. I hope that you feel better soon, and I love reading about Bryan's late night talking - it's been a while since I've heard any of those stories. :)
And in response to your comment - I am so excited about my sister too! He just put a down-payment down on a ring that they picked out!!! I couldn't post that on my blog quite yet - but I'm sooo excited about them finally making some progress!
I'm confused...are you getting up and STAYING up at about 1am?
Oh.my.gosh!!! I am dying laughing! Life will never, ever be boring with that husband of yours. I hope you're feeling better and getting a bit more rest! And Caden didn't appear to be all that sure about that dance of his, he looked a little worried:)
Ashley, your posts are GREAT. Get used to the sleepless nights...it compounds when number 2 arrives! (ha!) Enjoy your time with your baby; they grow so fast.
Post a Comment