Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wii are Bowling.

Bryan's family got here yesterday for a week of fun and to drop our new housemate, Megan, off. Last night we went to Rowberry's for a BBQ and ended up getting some major entertainment from the Wii. Now normally I am no good at bowling, in fact I am quite bad. In my immediate family I was an outcast because of my lack of bowling skills, a grave disappointment to my father; but last night was a different story. (One that I am rather excited to tell.)
The competition:
Grandma Phipps-she got a strike and I've never seen her happier.

Jolene (I guess finger pointing while bowling runs in the family)






Kimbra
Alan
Bryan
Megan







Now for all of you that know my husband, you know he is very competitive and hmmm, shall we say, very confident in his abilities. This competition was no different. He went in talking big, saying he was going to waste everyone...blah blah blah....you get the point. At the start of this friendly rivalry I was planning to be a spectator only. Bryan talked so much trash to me that I had to play even if I got brutally beaten.
The winner: (look at that form)
To give you a preview of what's to come in the middle of the game Alan looks and Bryan and says "You disappoint me." Okay I know you are all dying of suspense:
Bryan not only lost, he lost to his mother, his sister, his cousins, his wife, AND HIS GRANDMA! In the words of my father in law, "Bryan I don't see any way to counter blog your way out of this one." That's right, I wasted Bryan! Rubbed his face in the dirt, beat him to a pulp. I am the champion. I believe the final score was 205 to 164. I can count on Bryan correcting me if I'm wrong however. I'm also sure in Bryan's recap he'll give some sob story about his shoulder coming out of his socket which shouldn't be taken into account. His antics don't fly--he lost fair and square.

2 comments:

Kelli and Dana said...

Ha! I love the beating of the husbands. I'm sure Brian does have some sensible explanation...but I seem to have become momentarily deaf:) Congrats Ashley and all the ladies!

Janelle said...

Hahaha--great work, Ash!