Monday, June 04, 2007

Doors, Doors, and MORE DOORS

Give me a can of paint and a roller brush and I can somehow manage to even get my feet, hair, and face covered in paint. I am basically extremely talented. Like the war marks on my cheek? Anyway here are so updates on the progress that we have made. We have officially sold our old place and have a little over a week to be moved out. I'm starting to feel the pressure!

Day 18+ or something like that:
Let me start by saying that my new goal in life is to have money solely so I never have to paint another door in my life. Saturday we spent over 8 hours working on the house. I'm thinking we can totally finish this thing and start moving in on Monday. Ha! Apparently I am the queen of underestimating. I worked all day non-stop and only got the doors in the house painted. (This picture is of me modeling with the "my size" door in our downstairs bathroom--it's to the under the stairs storage). Granted it didn't help my situation that I accidently painted half of the doors with ceiling paint and had to go back and redo them all, but still it took much longer than I had ever anticipated. While I was doing 16 doors it took Bryan 8 hours to paint one room! Yes and now that he has his "counter point" I'm sure he'll have something to say about this...but a facts a fact and he was in the study the whole time we were there!


Happy Faces:








Bryan working hard to help me redo the doors that were painted with ceiling paint and putting the pads on the kitchen table chairs so we don't scratch the floor. Okay, I guess I lied--he did a little more than the study. Looking at this picture is stressing me out!!! That is supposed to be my bathroom in 2 days. I feel a panic attack coming on. AHH!

A finished Study....well not really finished because we still have to install the bookshelves...but as finished as we can do til those get here. Also on display is our finished living room. We got our decorative pillows and accent colors all picked out. I'm still not sure how I want to organize it all...but it's at least bought. When Jolene gets here she is helping us make our table runner and a throw for the couch. I'm very excited about that!
Not sure what this is...must be a picture documenting all the fun we were having. :) Lastly, my favorite pillow. Isn't she a beauty?!?

And tonight the saga continues......

1 comment:

kami said...

ashley - your house looks amazing - you guys are such hard workers! congratulations...that is all so exciting!