Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things I Never Thought I'd Say & Then Some

1. I LIKE COOKING.
Never, ever in a million years did I think those words would come out of my mouth, but here I am saying it; I like cooking. Being at home is great. Now that I actually have time to experiment and try new things cooking isn't half bad. Yes, this statement comes after two nights of cooking success, but hopefully even after cooking failure I will continue to enjoy it.
2. The word "poo" no longer makes me cringe.
Back in the King Henry days my roommates and all of our guy friends said this word just because it bothered me so much. I'm not sure why, but it was just one of those words that stung my ears. Simply put, it was major pet peeve of mine. They all harassed me saying, "What are you doing to do when you have a baby? Say 'Hey kid you crapped your pants?'" And they were right: Since having a child this word has become more acceptable. I never thought I'd say that. However, I still passionately despise the word poop. (I could barely even bring myself to type that.)
3. KBYU saved my day.
I am so sick of watching worthless TV while I feed Caden. All the talk shows where people give their opinions that I couldn't disagree with more are driving me crazy. And so I have found a new love in KBYU and the devotionals of 1989. :)
4. I am scared of social events that could put me on display.
It's true, Bryan has changed me. :) Sadly, back in high school I thrieved on being the center of attention...loved the spot light. Now I would much rather stay home or spend time with my closest friends. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, but in general it's true. Bry has this reception thing for law school on Thursday and I'm actually really nervous to go.
Which leads me to my last thing. I always wanted this but now it's more important to me than ever.
5. The one really materialistic thing that I want most is a nice, large home. Because I want a large family, and because we love being at home this is what I want most. I want a huge family room and kitchen; I want a big yard; Oh and I really want a big play room for all the kids toys, that's decorated really cute. Maybe I'm unrealistic but for now I can dream!

8 comments:

selway2005 said...

Funny: I had similar "discoveries" when I officially became a mom-at-home. First of all, I had to throw our cable out to stay productive and active at home, otherwise, I'd be sitting in front of the TV all day, watching things no even worth my time and soul; second, I love cooking but I can't stand doing dishes and laundry, because there's no end to it, it never stops! As far as our future home is concerned, I know it won't be large: let's face it, we'll be living in England. But I don't mind that at all. On the contrary. Can you picture a cute little cottage Jane-Austen-style with ivy and a chimney? That's how I picture my future home...the kids better get along!

Jen R. said...

Me too, me too! To all of them. I have discovered some great old movies on KBYU. And I want to have the kids bedrooms that only have their beds and clothes and then an awesome play room where they have all their stuff! That way when they get sent to their room as punishment, they won't have any fun! And sorry we keep playing phone tag. Next week is perfect. Would wed, thurs or friday be good?

AlliSMiles said...

maybe i should be a mom so i can like some of those things, too! i still need to meet caden!

Sheila said...

I want a big house too. I try and try to be realistic about things, but realistically, I want a big home with a big yard!!

J.Phipps said...

who would of thought that living an entire summer in that 'studio apt' would make you want a big home???

Larsen Family said...

i have a couple of extra kids you could add to that large family

benandkiki said...

It's fun how being married changes your views on things and being a mom even more so. Having a big home sounds wonderful. But, honestly now anything bigger than 900 square feet and a little balcony feels huge to us. Three bedrooms must feel like a dream.

Jolene said...

Love the sandle/white pants picture. I could visulize it several months ago before he was born, "Bryan and his boy"... BUT I could never visulize Caden, him I had to wait to see and there aren't words to describe all that is Caden, in just his few short months on earth.