Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Blessing Eternal

We finally blessed Caden last Sunday. Bryan gave Caden a beautiful blessing that of course left me in tears. I feel so blessed to be a mother to this perfect little boy, to be married to a man I adore, to be an eternal family, and to have been surrounded by our families for this special day. Caden was such a cutie in his blessing outfit. I thought the little hat was adorable but Bry wasn't about to let him wear it. He was so good for his blessing, but after that he'd had it! You can see in about all the pictures that he wasn't very happy with us. I was kind of overwhelmed by the amount of people that truly love and care about our little boy's happiness. We are so lucky to be surrounded by such good examples of wonderful parents. After his blessing we all went up to Canyon View Park and had a picnic to celebrate. Bryan's old roommate and one of our closest friends. Matt, and his cute wife, Erin, were able to be there! It was so fun to have them around! My cousin Brenda had a little boy about 3 months before me; We were laughing at the fact that they can play inside together because they have the same WHITE complexion.
When the day was done and I was rocking Caden I couldn't help but be so full of gratitude to our Heavenly Father who truly does know us and love us. After two years of watching other couples bless their own beautiful babies and wishing so desperately for the opportunity to experience that, it was finally here; It was so worth the wait. We love this little boy more than we can put into words and feel so eternally blessed to be his parents.
Thank you so much to everyone that came so far to be there to share this day with us!

14 comments:

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Oh, how cute! What a cute, little blessing outfit! You all look great, and I'm glad it was such a wonderful day for you!

benandkiki said...

Congratulations on Caden's blessing. What a special day. It's awesome you had so much family there.

kristen said...

yay! that's such a special day! i'm glad like ALL of your fam was there! that's wonderful! and thanks for taking a picture of him in the hat... even if bry didn't approve. i fully approve! he was so cute!

Ledebuhr Family said...

Congrats you guys!! Your family is too cute.

I know I've seen others ask (and I may have asked once myself), but what program do you use for collages? I love that you can put the pictures where you want them...and the labels are a nice touch! When you get a chance... :)

adam and andrea said...

awe - I love the hat!! He's such a cute little guy! Congrats!

selway2005 said...

All I can say is that Caden is pretty lucky to have you as a mom...and I predict that he will be spoiled rotten ;)

heather peck said...

what a sweet post! thanks for sharing with us~

Megan said...

Sounds like it was a perfect day for it all, congratulations! I think I will someday come to realize that deep appreciation you have for a healthy baby and to be parents. :) Bringing your family to earth is not an easy thing!! thanks for sharing all of the good news and events. And thanks for your consoling words through my own difficult times. Sorry I missed you the other day you and Caden came to visit the SHC, I hope to be here next time, he's a cutie!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen R. said...

Congrats! I was so nervous that day for some reason. I couldn't even remember very well what Jared said. Luckily my lovely mother wrote it down for me and typed it up on pretty paper. Also, I was thinking we should have a play date. Maybe Hogle Zoo? I know he's little but stroller rides are awful fun! Or we could do lunch or something. Call me! I'll message you my phone number on facebook.

J&J said...

Ashley, he is so cute! I love the hat, he looks adorable! It's such a special day when they are blessed. You guys look great!

Jen R. said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it...how could I have missed it!? I've seriously read every single post you've ever done! I might be your biggest fan. I have to go and look right now! And I promise I'll put clothes on. What day works best for you? I'm totally open.

Heather Dayton said...

I'm glad that you survived the blessing weekend - it looks like it went well! Caden is so sweet! I think it's hilarious that Tay is heavier than him - Caden was always measuring big in the ultrasounds and Taylor was always measuring small, haha!

Steph said...

So cute! And what a great day it was! We were so glad to share our blessing day with you guys and our son. We are so glad you guys are back, now we just need to hang out.