Monday, April 21, 2008

April Showers

Saturday we had my baby shower up in Ceder Hills at Katie's beautiful home. The day was just perfect! It was so fun to be with all my friends and family to celebrate our little boy. To everyone that was able to make it--thank you for being part of the day--you made it so special for me!!!
My wonderful friends from the ward that threw the shower: Carly, Steph, and Katie. I cannot thank you girls enough!! You are the best!!The shower group: Friends from the ward and work, and family.
An "action shot" before the games began.
Amy's little boy Ethan--apparently my sister thought he was quite entertaining because she took at least three pictures of him like this.
Mom and Auntie Leisa.
My mom was able to be part of the shower day! It was so nice to have her here.
The Fam: Chelsey, Erika, Mom, Leisa, Brenda, Me, Aunt Maddie, and Grandma Zelda.
The adorable blanket that Carly made for me--I'm a little obsessed...but not as obsessed as Bryan...pretty sure he's going to ask her to make him a full sized one for him.
Opening presents. Everyone was sooo thoughtful! Heather and Emily from work. We played Build-A-Baby Phipps for one of the shower games. Everyone had to pick which characteristic between Bryan and I that I would choose for my baby boy. (Like...brown or blue eyes, brown or strawberry blond hair, etc)
Apparently Erika also felt the need to document what the food looked like. It was delicious!!!!!!
Little guy converse and a rocker shirt--loved it!! Amy and Me. I look like a beached whale next to her. All the pregnant girls at the shower were laughing about how when we look in the mirror everyday we think "okay this isn't sooo bad," but the second we see a picture of ourselves we think "who is that?!?"
And then as I'm uploading all the pictures from my mom's camera this one pops up. This is me and Bry a week before we found out I was pregnant. It seems like so much has happened since then. We have truly had blessings showered on us this last year. I cannot express my gratitude enough. (And I wont lie--This picture also made me hope that I look like this again some day.)Earlier in the week I was able to get together with a bunch of girls that work or have previously worked at the Student Health Center. Lots of us are leaving Provo and we wanted to have a little "reunion." I feel so lucky to have had this job solely for the incredible friendships I have been able to make the last three years. I'm pretty sure half of my blog list is friends I have made during these years. These girls--and lots of others--have had such a profound impact on me. I'm so thankful for each of you! Two last things: I learned to cut Bry's hair! I'm quite proud of this accomplishment for lots of reasons. First being that he is the most picky person in the world. After every hair cut he comes home and spends the next 3 weeks trying to fix it himself--leaving little hair clippings all over my clean sinks. And yes I mean the two upstairs sinks AND the downstairs sink! When he asked me to do it I was a little nervous--but in the end he loved it so now we are all happy! Last night we had a going away dinner with the Andersons, Dovers, and Pauls at Cafe Rio. We are going to miss you guys all so much this summer. As always the night was full of laughs--a few including dodgeball stories. I think us girls are missing out! Bry managed to sustain yet another injury in dodgeball.....

Promise--this is the last thing! I found a perk of gestational diabetes at my last doctors appt. The doctor told me that I would for sure have my little boy here by May 24 because they don't let diabetes patients go past their due date! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

adam and andrea said...

You look great!! I absolutely love that blanket - how cute! Even though I've never met Bryan - I feel like we have a freak-accident thing in common! : )

Heather Dayton said...

I totally agree about the mirror/picture thing - but maybe it's just because we're critical of ourselves - because I think you look super cute and I look awful! Anyway - your baby shower was quite enjoyable. :)

Sheila said...

Ok, Carly needs to market that blanket cause I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed too. I want one! I promise you'll get your old body back soon enough, you are such a cute prego lady! I'm sad I missed the fun party at Katie's, isn't her house amazing!!?! Someday!! I'm excited for you guys to move out here!

kristen said...

yay! it looks like it was a success... i wish i could have been there. i love love that blanket. and i'm so excited- soph and baby phipps will have matching shoes!! how cute is that!

kristen said...

OH... AND HELLO!? you cut his hair and he liked it? i'm so proud of BOTH of you!!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

It looks like you got a lot of fun stuff at your baby shower. I totally know what you mean about seeing yourself in pictures when you're pregnant. I didn't think I looked too bad when I was pregnant until I saw pictures of myself.....Anyway, you look great!

Sofia Dowse said...

You are so cute! And aren't baby showers fun? This post made me miss everyone from our old ward. You are getting so close now! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy! Good luck!

Katie said...

Your pictures from the shower turned out great! You are so adorable, and I am soooo happy for you! Just can't wait to see baby pictures!

Steph said...

That was a great shower! We really know how to party :) I agree on the picture thing...I just don't see my face as WIDE as it really is haha!

Oh and good job on the hair cut! I would never touch Josh's hair! :)

*katie said...

What a fun baby shower! I wish I could have been there for it:) You would have so enjoyed having my two little terrors running all over the place:) And that blanket is beyond adorable! I need to start using my sewing machine and make cute things like that!