Monday, April 07, 2008

As of Late...

Bry and I have just been enjoying every second we have together before the "minor" life changes come. You know...little things like law school finals, moving to a new state, starting a new internship, and having a baby! No biggie. Conference weekend was wonderful. I loved President Monson's incredible spirit during these sessions. Back when I was 12 one of his books was the first I read from an Apostle that really touched me and helped my personal conversion--I have had such a great appreciation of and love for him since. This weekend Bry and I also went to Trafalga's arcade to play. I got brutally beaten in air hockey, but held my own in ski ball. :)

Here are some more up-dates in pictures...that are really dark...sorry!! Bryan painted the nursery. I am in love with it. I go in and just stare at it at least once a day. :)
Trying to take a picture with Bryan of the finished product was impossible. He hates pictures lately. This was the best I got...him acting like I hit him. Lovely.
We also got our crib put together...Not that the baby will be sleeping in there for the first 2 1/2 months of his life but it's ready for him in August. We still have to get colored sheets and bed skirt but this is the basic idea. We just had to test it out and make sure it all matched.
And here are the cute window treatments...Last week we also got to go over to my Aunts for a Birthday party for my grandma. Unfortunately she got really sick that day--but all the cousins still all got together and celebrated. We got to meet my cousin Brenda's little boy Hayes. He's adorable...and got us so anxious to meet our little boy. Lastly...who is this guy?!? Where is the collared shirt?!? In our 2 1/2 years of marriage I have never once seen him wear running shoes...and rarely does he wear a t-shirt...all in the same day...something must be wrong...like finals coming up.
Oh and on another exciting note: I officially have 14 days of work left before I retire!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah! (Although I will miss the wonderful girls I work with.)

15 comments:

kristen said...

yay! you know i absolutely love that room! it's adorable. and that last picture is screaming landen...don't you think!?

*katie said...

Very cute nursery! I love the big stripes and the color. You and Bryan look so comfortable with a baby in your arms:) Good luck with the move and the other million things you're up to!

Lesley said...

The nursery is adorable... I love the paint. Well done Bryan! Good luck with finals and getting ready to move. How exciting!

Heather Dayton said...

Oooh that is so cute! I love your nursery. Everything is so adorable and looks already to be used... :) When we went to Trafalga a couple of weeks David killed me in air hockey too - I wonder if it was because of the height of the table...it's hard to bend over with a belly there! :)

Lesley said...

p.s. speaking of babies... Kyle mentioned that Brain said you saw a picture of me and Ella at the hospital??? When she was a day old they asked us if they could take a pic of her with one of the doctors from provo OB...They took ONE with me in it. I'm mortified that they put that one up. Ahhhh!

Lesley said...

Bryan is a brain, so I guess that wasn't a type-o.

SuzyO said...

The baby's room looks so cute! Good job!

benandkiki said...

You look so cute. Wow, so many changes. What a fun couple months you'll have. Your nursery is so cute. I long for the day when we can paint.

Linds said...

It looks great! Danger (hehe) will be so at home in that room!

Lesley said...

Ok, now that I've officially taken up half the comments on this post, I just have another question two. This picture of which we speak, you were kidding about the size right? And it was somewhere inconspicuous like the womens bathroom or a random corner of the radiology department or something? I'm interested to go see it, but I'm frightened...

Jenna and Steve said...

What a cute room! Tell Bryan I am very impressed. I can't believe that you only have 14 days. wow. Amazing.

Melissa said...

The room is so adorable! Bryan, who knew you had artistic abilities?? Good job (that's Madilynn's new fav phrase, p.s.) I can't wait to see this little guy! Yay for retirement, Ashley! Can you imagine how many times a day you'll want to peek at the nursery now that you're home all day?? Good luck with that! :) (you're not alone, I arranged and rearranged Maddie's clothes at least 4 times before she was born)

kami said...

cute nursery! i love it. and yay for being almost done with work!!!

Sheila said...

I LOVE THE WALLS!! I definitely have to steal this idea for someday when I get to actually paint the walls where I live. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Kelli and Dana said...

YOU MADE IT OUT!!!! Hallelujah! Don't let them suck you back into the vortex of the SHC. Take that baby and run run run! Congrats and good luck with moving and, what was the other thing, oh yeah, that baby business:)