Friday, April 25, 2008

8 Months and Counting...

Exactly 30 days til our little guy is due to make his debut...
Can I just tell you we are soooooooooo excited!!! Yesterday I got a bunch of his clothes washed--he's going to be so little. I keep trying to imagine what life is going to be like in a month but I realize thats totally impossible because of everything new that is ahead. I think Bry is equally as anxious as I am...what gives me this impression...well, every night he grabs my stomach and tells me he just wants to "hold the baby." There are lots of other things he does but I'm pretty sure he would not appreciate me divulging his secret personality.
My mom left this morning to head back to Wisconsin. It was so fun to have her here and to have her see me pregnant.
Today is my last day of work at the Health Center. It's a bittersweet feeling leaving everyone. I was kind of reflecting as I drove to work about everything that has happened in my life to get to this point. There were some days during these last years that I never thought this day would come...I can't express my gratitude to Heavenly Father that it is finally here.
....1 day til our big move to Califonia. Pray this baby hates Nevada and refuses to be born there. :)

8 comments:

*katie said...

30 days! The time will fly by--especially since you'll be moving! Where again are going to be living? Anywhere near us? Or will you still be far, far away? Good luck with the move!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

I never thought the day would come either...that you would actually leave the health center. :) Adam was so anxious for Lily to be born too. He was always talking to my stomach and telling her how excited he was for her to get here. I'm so excited for you two! Good luck with the move!

kami said...

ashley - you look SO good! i can't wait for you to have your baby - it's going to come so quick even though it feels like it never will (the last month was so long for me!)...it'll be great!

adam and andrea said...

Good luck with the move!! You look great!! I'll be praying that the little guy hates Nevada! : )

benandkiki said...

You're so close. Hopefully with the move and all the changes it will go by fast. Congrats on retiring from the health center. We're so excited for you, and we're so excited we will live so close for the summer. California is so fun. Good-luck with the move.

kristen said...

YOU'RE DONE! hey you never pick up your phone... i NEED to talk to you!! call me. and NO excuses. you are officially done working and in the mom club now lady! YAY!

Steph said...

Please blog again, we are wondering if the baby decided to be born in Reno?? :)

Harries Family said...

Your pregnancy is just flying by, but then again it always does for everyone else. It feels like forever when its you. I can remember when Adam and I would look at all of the newborn clothes and try to imagine Hudson in them. Its funny because the newborn clothes that you have are still going to be big on your baby, well I guess it depends on how big you baby will be, but from looking at you your probably not having a big baby. You look so cute in all of your pictures. I am so excited for you!