Every Tuesday night Bryan meets up with the guys in our ward to play dodge ball. From the very beginning this has caused me to be a worried wife because of his pathetic excuse of a shoulder. He assured me that he would not throw the ball hard enough to dislocate it. Well last night his shoulder decided "to not come forward with the rest of his body" and was dislocated for the 482 time in the past 3 years. The best part was that he tried to hide it from me--but hello-- when you are walking around with your arm locked against your chest at a 90 degree angle, can't get your shirt off, and whine like a little girl when you accidentally bump into something I might get a little suspicious. Don't worry though folks...he got named the MVP/sniper for the night because he kept playing with his left arm and had a mean spin on the ball.
I thought you might all enjoy the Tale of the Dislocated Shoulder:
March 2005: The beginnings before my time.
Bry was playing goalie for an intramural soccer team with all his buddies. He gets nailed in the shoulder and it's dislocated with his arm above his head for over 3 hours. He spends the night in the ER...apparently he was rather entertaining between the shock and heavy drugs.
Summer 2005:
Playing first base in intramural softball. Dislocates it.
Fall 2005:
I jump on him to wake him up; He flinches too hard dislocating his shoulder. It won't go back in for over an hour. Whoops...won't be doing that ever again.
Winter 2005:
Playing church basketball. 2 minutes into the game he throws a bounce pass and dislocates his shoulder. That season ended all too soon.
Summer 2006:
Boogie Boarding in Santa Cruz. Gets hit by a wave and dislocates his shoulder. Getting pretty pathetic huh?!? :)
...okay you get the point...his shoulder is out of commission but yet he still thinks he can do it all. Maybe when we can afford surgery "sniper" will be in full force again.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Bryan and poor you. I must say that does sound very pathetic!! Sorry Bryan, I know we don't really know each other so I hope it's okay I say that;)
Awww Bryan. I laughed when I saw the Fall 2005 one though because I remember you telling me that story when I started working in 06 and I was like, who is this crazy woman and her husband:) Hope he feels better!
Post a Comment