Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend Warriors

Starting with a few words to the wise:
I wouldn't advise painting in the same room as your husband because he might accidentally wack you in the head with a full paint can and it hurts. After a long day of work never hand your husband a screw driver because he might drop it on your foot which also hurts. Buy back up rollers in case you have strong husband and he snaps one in half. Also never try and get a whole house painted in two days--it wont happen.


Bryan and I after a full day of painting :) I have a feeling my wonderful parent in laws are going to be worried. I promise it looks good! We've been working hard!

Day 9:
Flooring is coming along. Plus I am in love with with my new fridge! It's wonderful!!! And it has a water purifier which is incredible because now Bry wont cry about having to have bottled water. :)
Day 10:
We worked all day long painting, trying to get the house completely painted before the carpet got laid. I thought this was a long day. I painted everyone of the baseboards and chair rails and then started in on the bedrooms. By the end of the day I thought my hand was going to need CPR. And Bryan had painted ceilings all day so his neck felt fabulous.

Whining. I am ashamed to say it's something I am very good at. After painting for what felt like 40 hours we finished up and went to see Spiderman with Kristen and Landen. My best friend is having her baby in less than 10 days--let me just say I'm soooooooooooooooo excited! And you must see Spiderman, solely for the scene when he puts on the "vemon" suit, changes his hair, and dances--hilarious. Pretty sure that was my favorite part.

Day 11:
I go into one of the rooms and this is the message my cute husband left me. I thought day 10 was long--wow was I wrong. Day 11 blows day 10 out of the water. I really had to go home and heat pad my little hand all night. But we did get so much accomplished which feels great. It's starting to feel like a home! We got every room painted today. Most with two coats. I got all the trim work done in the two spare bedrooms and in the hall way. Bry helped with the bedrooms and also got our master bedroom and the study painted, along with the stair way.

And the Yellow Room. Love it!



We painted the study in a deep chocolate brown. We are getting white book shelves put around the window which should make the colors really pop. The actual paint is
cloak and dagger--which Bry thought was really cool.

The stair way is vaulted, so we have yet to figure out how we are going to trim the top of the wall with out an extention ladder. Hmmm.




The full view.
Sorry that the colors still aren't showing up very well. Bryan calls it the ice cream house, because the main floor is mostly chocolate and upstairs is vanilla cream.

And a abstract veiw of the trim--we were getting really tired! :)
We get our carpet installed today!!
More adventures to come....

4 comments:

Linds said...

Wow, it looks so good! I'm totally jelous and (not that I have any experiance in the remodeling area) but I'm sure that all your hard work will be worth it! You're going to have to have a big house warming party when it's all done to show it off!

Steph said...

The colors are turning out so great! You guys look like you are having so much fun. We cant wait to see it when its all done!

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

That is the best paint job I have ever seen! I don't think your husband would really flood the kitchen; it must have only been like a gallon of water.

DADDY "O" said...

Less talk, more action, Get to work, I thought this would be done by now, wa wa wa. I can see Bryan has a bit of his mother in him.