Day 1:

Bryan tore out all the carpet, took down all the fixtures and blinds, and retexturized the walls. See that nasty carpet??? And the previous owners asked us why we wouldn't keep it. Huh--mystery there!
Day 2-3:

Bryan had a little accident backing into a painted wall.
We painted the baseboards and family/dinning room. It took forever because of all the edging we had to do.
Day 6:
The Day of the GREAT FLOOD OF 2007.

Yes, the hose to the refrigerator started leaking. Bryan tried to disconnect it from the water line (or something like that--like I know what I'm talking about) and the water started spraying everywhere. Once Bryan finally got the thing to stop our kitchen floor was covered in water and so were we. It was quiet funny.
Day 7:
Painting the kitchen red! The actual paint name is picnic table. :) We also painting the accent wall in the family room sea foam bluish. The picture doesn't show the color at all! I love it!! See our new townhouse only has a few canned lights--and we have yet to get lamps so when it gets dark--it's dark.
Day 8:
Touched up the paint and started laying the padding for the flooring. Which of course was a problem because I had just touched up the paint and the padding smeared it across the white trim. (I got in trouble for that one) Basically not much got accomplished--we ordered Pizza and watched Gilmore Girls. That episode left me in major suspens
e.
This morning our new washer, dryer, and fridge are supposed to be delivered. We will see if Bryan wakes up in time. I have my doubts.This sums up our adventures but I'm sure there will be MANY more to share....

4 comments:
I'm loving the colors! You did a great job picking those out. I need to come see the layout though- these pictures are totally confusing me because of your apartment right now. Keep up the good work!
Steph said I was going to be jealous..I'm not sure I want to come see. It looks so great and you guys are working hard! Next project...Amy's house!
this looks great! good work - i love the kitchen!
I LOVE the colors - it looks wonderful!! You guys are adventurous!! : )
Post a Comment