Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seven Months

I still am amazed at how quickly pregnancy has gone. We waited so long for this and then it has just flown by. Only 60 days til the baby comes (hopefully) and 32 days until we move to California for the summer. We are in for some BIG, exciting changes. We made our first trip to Labor and Delivery this weekend. The baby decided to be still for about 3 hours on Easter. Since this NEVER happens I was getting pretty nervous. Thankfully Bry made the decision for me and took me in just to calm my nerves. As soon as they hooked me up to the monitor the baby was going crazy again which was a huge relief. I just could never forgive myself is something was wrong and I didn't go in. I realize more and more each day that the worrying will never end. I always thought...as soon as we can just hear that heartbeat it will be okay, or as soon as we get past 12 weeks I'll stop worrying...YEAH RIGHT!!! I'm going to be the crazy mom in by the baby's crib in the middle of the night checking to make sure he is breathing.

5 comments:

kami said...

you look super cute! and yeah...i actually think the worrying only gets worse! i was the same way...oh once i get to 12 weeks, etc...but now as i get closer and closer, even though i know he's most likely perfectly fine, i worry all the time that something is wrong or that maybe he'll be stillborn (isn't that horrible?). i really have to try not to think about stuff like that! and the sad thing is it's just gonna get worse when he gets here - i'll be in checking his breathing too! :)

benandkiki said...

I went in to the hospital too with Kate a couple months before she was born. It's true it isn't worth feeling like you look overparanoid or stupid when it comes to your child. I called the doctor many times when Kate was first born. My pediatrition is awesome though, he told me, "it's never a bad thing to call the doctor if it turns out to be nothing. It's only bad when you don't call and it was something."
p.s. I still check on Kate in the middle of the night.

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

I went to the hospital about a month ago too! Don't worry! I am just as crazy! :)

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Wow! You really do look like a cute, little pregnant woman now--I swear you've looked so small in all of your other pictures, but you were just a little person to start off with. I hope that doesn't sound like a polite way of saying, "Wow, you're really fat.", because you actually look really small still, just with a massive stomach. I got more than my share of "fat" comments (most from my family). Anyway, just so you know, the worrying never stops. I still debate whether or not to risk waking Lily up by going in her room to check on her at night.

kristen said...

you are cute. and i'm laughing as i'm writing this because last night i went in to check on soph and i put my hand on her back {since she's a full-fledged tummy sleeper} to make sure she was breathing. i think we will always do that as moms!