Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday B!

Bryan turned 25 today! We wont get to do much celebrating today since he has his oral arguments for law school tonight but I made sure to wake him up nice and early this morning to wish him a Happy Birthday! I don't think he was too happy with me til I gave him his present. When I looked at him this morning I couldn't help but be so proud of the person he has become over the past 25 years and of all the things he has been able to accomplish. I have such great faith in everything that is ahead for him with our family and with his career!
In honor of Bryan's Day I thought I would share just three of my favorite stories of Bryan....

*1. Bryan is a crazy sleeper. When we first got married he actually scared me. He'd wake up screaming stuff or bring weird objects, like our alarm clock, to bed with him. One week in particular he was on a roll every single night. I had fallen asleep early which Bryan, the night owl, didn't appreciate. So while he was sleeping he built a wall of pillows between us, which of course he has no memory of. I wake up in the middle of the night to this wall of about 8 pillows...I put them all back at the end of the bed and wake Bry up to tease him about it. He starts screaming, "Where are my pillows? Where are they?" He sees them at the end of the bed and snatches one back into each of his arms. He wraps his arms around them, looks at me, and says in a voice of disgust, "I got myself some new hoes. This is a private party. See yourself out or the bouncer will see you out." Then he starts dancing with his two pillows. One minute later he was completely out again. I have never laughed so hard in my life...especially since the word "hoes" has never once come out of my husbands mouth. Our pillows have become known as pill-hoes.

*2. Although Bry is one of the most humble people I know, he can talk trash with the best of them. Bry is an amazing cook...way, way better than me. So he always harasses me about it. One night we were making shakes and he was going on and on about how his would be so much better than mine. The next thing I know his entire shake is covering him, our kitchen walls, and floor. Somebody let go of the hand held blender. :) Mine was definitely better.

*3. Bryan was nothing short of a problem child growing up--flushed his older brothers toys down the toilet, shot his younger brother in the knee (years later they did surgery and found this out), etc, etc. His family members affectionately refer to him as a gremlin. I find this so funny because of the person he has become. Anyway, I love this story his dad told me. When Bry was still too young to talk they found their front door open. They go outside to see Bryan in his diaper and bib with a pacifier in his mouth in front of a garbage truck with his arm held out doing the stop sign. This kid was fearless. I plan to keep all my doors dead bolted.

Happy Birthday Bryan!!
Love you!

5 comments:

*katie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard about the first one that I haven't even finished reading the rest of the list. Life is going to be so fun with Bryan around!!

kristen said...

oh yes! i love bryan stories! happy birthday bry!

Linds said...

That is hilarious! My Brian is a tame sleeper compared to your Brian! Happy Birthday!

AlliSMiles said...

i love to hear stories about mr. phipps. he's definitely a different person at school :)

Sheila said...

I just got all caught up with your blog...SO SORRY about gest.diabetes. Good job actually doing it, doesn't it stink not eating what you want? Geez!