Friday, February 08, 2008

Scaredy Pants

I'm the first to admit that I am no outdoors extremist....this includes not liking spiders. BUT I never would say they terrify me to the point that I can't take one out with my shoe! Yesterday morning I got in the shower and there was a big ol' spider in the window. I freaked--froze. I tried to pull myself together. Bryan was still sleeping and I was not going to wake him up to kill this stupid thing. I knew I'd never hear the end of it. I took my shaving cream bottle and hoovered over the thing, then pounded down. The stupid spider jump attacked me. I couldn't contain my screams as it flew towards me. I was probably a little over dramatic but the thing was attacking. Luckily, the shower water came to my rescue and it got washed down the drain. Unfortunately I couldn't stop screaming til every inch of that evil spider was gone. AND OF COURSE...Bryan was up ready to start the snide remarks.

"Well thanks for trying to take care of it. I'm sure the screams helped. Good effort. But did you honestly think the CONCAVE bottom of the shave bottle would kill it?"

6 comments:

*katie said...

Too funny! I hate spiders myself and only recently have been able to kill them on my own. I figure it's time to start protecting my young, even when Alan isn't around;)

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

All too familiar an experience with me--my dad always made fun of me for thinking a spider would jump at me when trying to kill it. I've called neighbors, if I've been home alone, to come over and kill spiders for me before, so just know you're among friends. :)

adam and andrea said...

hilarious! I would do the same thing!

kristen said...

hehe three thoughts...
i finally feel like i know what is going on in your life. i love that! two... it reminded me of when i made rob come kill a spider in our bathtub because you and sarah ditched me. three... i was thinking the exact same thing about the concave end of the shaving bottle! weird...hehe ;)

kami said...

that's SO scary! i think you're brave for even staying in the shower...i would have freaked out. seriously - way to go!

Kelli and Dana said...

I've actually woken dana up for less...like little ones in the corner and I had one on my towel once but couldn't see it because duh blind but it fell in the tub and I jumped out screaming and washed the little bugger down. Props to you for trying!