Before I cast my pearls before you, I want you to play that Tim McGraw song "I Miss Back When" in your head (You know which one: "Back when a hoe was a ho/ Coke was a Coke . . ."). For those of you who don't know it, it is about how words today have taking on some new meanings. So, this evening I open up Ashley's blog because she told me that she put up a post about something I said. Taking Ashley's track record on quoting me under consideration, I decided to do a little fact-checking. What I read was probably one of the funniest things Ashley has ever posted.

The first line of her post used to read something like: The other night Bryan came home from Elder's Quarum Dodge Ball and wanted to "hang out." Then it continued as it now reads. Well, I don't know if it is just my perverse mind, but by her putting hang out in quotes led me think she meant to imply something a little more PG-13 than what I actually wanted to do -- which was make fun or her/talk (okay, nowadays it would just be a little more PG). I started laughing and Ashley started freaking out! She was so mortified. Things got even better when she realized that people had already read the post and commented on it. She had me edit the post immediately and then ordered me to put my post up on her blog (which properly belongs on the must-read that is Counter Point).
Now when you read the first paragraph of her post (just below this one), read as though she had kept "hang out" in there. It makes the story much funnier than the way she told it, which is how it actually was.
Bryan out!

4 comments:
totally didn't take it that way you sickos. and i think that is the first time i've actually seen "coke" on a blog. thank you for that!
and i DO read counter point!
Ahahahaha! I totally would have thought that had I read it before it was changed...I guess I have a dirty mind. :)
you guys are hilarious! I would have totally read it that way too Ash! : )
Post a Comment