BaBiEs:
The other night, when Bryan got home from Elders Quorum dodge ball, I was already asleep. I'm sorry to admit that when I am woken up within the first hour of my falling asleep I am not a happy camper. Most the time I am too delusional to be held accountable. This was one of those nights. Apparently I snapped at him and told him I barely get any sleep between the baby kicking me in the ribs, making me uncomfortable, and making me have to go to the bathroom every hour. I do not need YOU waking me up on top of it all. True to Bry's style he decides to make a joke out of it. This is when I actually woke up and realized what was going on.
BaWlInG:
Bryan says to me--
Ashley, one day this summer I am going to come home from work and my son will look up at me and want to say help me dad. "Mom has been kicking me in the ribs saying, how do you like it, all day long. Then she pulls and stretches my skin and pokes at my belly button. She's been pushing on my bladder saying, it's not so fun to have your badder bounced on is it?!? And then she laid me on the floor and started doing somersaults over me and said it was pay back time. I don't know what I did to deserve this. Save me dad, save me."
I was dying laughing to the point that I was bawling and could not breath. Bryan has an amazing talent to turn something annoying he's done into humor. I am very grateful for that!
BlOoD sUgAr:
I had my glucose screening test done today. As if fasting for 12 hours one time while you are pregnant isn't enough they tell you sorry your blood sugar is "definitely not in a safe range" and we will need to have you do the FOUR HOUR screening test. I get to do another lovely 14 hour fast accompanied by having my blood drawn FOUR TIMES! Should make for a very interesting day considering I normally faint on a full stomach. Honestly I expected this because diabetes runs in my family. Why should I be the lucky one to get away without it? The real kicker is telling a pregnant woman that she shouldn't eat sugary foods anymore. I'm pretty sure I crave chocolate at least once a day. And by crave I mean have to have or I can't function because the craving is all I can think about. (It's out of control--I have never felt like that before). Under no circumstances will a carrot ever meet the needs of a chocolate craving. All in all this is probably a blessing (minus the whole blood work thing). Maybe the next 3 months will develop better eating habits for me. Plus the less junk I eat now the less weight I have to worry about later.
BlEsSiNgS:
Being able to say any of this at all is one of the biggest blessing in my life. I am truly so grateful to be kicked in the ribs every night. I really love it...seriously. I am beyond thankful to even have the chance to have gestational diabetes. :) Anything that I have to experience during pregnancy is a blessing and totally worth it. Everything we had to go through to get to this point has just made me that much more grateful for these little things.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Ashley! Hopefully you remember me from the first time we met back at the beginning of the school year... but I wanted to tell you that diabetes runs in my family as well, and while both my sister and I failed our initial glucose tests during pregnancy, we passed the four hour test with flying colors, so don't lose hope!
We should have you two over for dinner sometime... we'll have something mild that you can stomach :)
Oh no! Ash--I'm so sorry you have to do the 4 hour test--I had to too, so I feel for you! You'll survive, I promise!
Post a Comment