Friday, February 15, 2008

Farewell Woody Deem

These last two weeks Bryan has participated in the Woody Deem Trial Competition that the Law School put on. For some reason this meant that I also got to participate in the Woody Deem Trial Competition. He needed a witness and thought I would be easiest to train. Personally I think he thought that the other teams would go easier on me because I was pregnant (not the case by the way). So for the last two weeks I have been Ty McGuire, the defendant being sued for neglegence over a fire fighters death. Since graduating college I have actually grown to hate public speaking--weird huh?!? I was extremely nervous to do this--I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest and I couldn't stop shaking. In the end I was actually really glad that Bry asked me. I got to see him in action which was so fun. Law just fits his personality too perfectly. After the trial I'd leave shaking and he'd have a huge grin on his face wishing it had lasted longer. He did awesome making it to the third round which also pretty much insures him a place on the trial competition team!!! Here we are before Round 3 where he had to go up against a 2L & 3L. A little intimidating. The second round was probably the most entertaining to watch. They were really duking it out! I thought fists were going to fly. Basically I was ready to crawl into a corner and hide. And the wierdest part to me was that they would be so intense in the court room and then in the end act like nothing happened. Besides Woody Deem we haven't been up to much. School is keeping Bry really busy. I'm back at work full time...which is good and bad. :) I spend my days searching the internet for Gymboree sales and trying to find coupons for diapers. We've also hade some major changes with my look since I last posted pictures. I feel like I've doubled in size.
Me at 23 weeks right after getting off "bedrest". Happy 5 months!
Valentine's Belly--100 Days Left! (25 weeks and 5 days)

Bryan checking out our carseat!!!! (He was not thrilled that I wanted yet another picture but he got over it--it's for posterity.)

And now we are off to Califonia for Bry's interviews!

4 comments:

kristen said...

aww... it's too weird that i can't be there to see your cute belly in person! and i love that turtleneck- miss you!

AlliSMiles said...

way to go, bryan. i've been waiting to hear about your law school success!

Janelle said...

first of all, congrats bryan! keith told me he mentored you (whatever that means) in the trial ad thingy and that you were really good. great job! secondly, you're a super cute prego, ash! i always knew you would be, but it's fun to see pictures (since i'm no longer there with you every day to see it grow). :) thirdly, we're having a birthday party tonight, so stop by! you might be in cali still (congrats on that too, by the way) but i noticed you haven't opened your evite yet on your hotmail account so i thought i'd tell you about it here too. and finally, this is officially the longest comment in all history! :) happy third trimester!
--janelle

Lola said...

I thought you both did a great job at Woody Deem . . . (and I just found your blog today through Alli Miles' blog . . . I like it! Congrats on the baby!)

Laura Wahlquist