Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More for the Month of Gratitude.

Here we are
On earth together
It's you and I
God has made us fall in love
It's true I've really found
Someone like you
Will it say
The love you feel for me
Will it say
That you will be by my side
To see me through
Until my life is through
Well, in my mind
We can conquer the world
In love you and I
You and I, you and I

You and I is our song. It'd been awhile since I'd heard it, but as soon as I did I remembered why we fell in love with this song to begin with. To us it says that although everyday is not always easy our love is enough; enough to stand side by side through the bright times & the dark times, enough to conquer the world hand in hand. It's funny, on our wedding day we danced to this song and all I had was faith that our love would be enough, now I not only continue to have faith but I know through experience that our love truly will always be enough to get us through anything. Hearing this song, once again, made me grateful for the simple and not so simple trials we have had placed on our path.
(You and I: The early days)
On a lighter note...today I'm grateful for stupid people that make me laugh. Tonight we got to witness a lady who thought she had the ability to part the red sea of traffic on the busiest road in our city. She walks out into 50 mph traffic with her hand out telling people to stop and she nearly got hit 10 times. I'm sure she wasn't crazy; she just couldn't see the huge cross walk 5 feet ahead.

2 comments:

J&J said...

It's so true faith and love get you through! I love that song! And what was that lady doing?? That's just crazy!!

Jenna and Steve said...

Got to love pedestrians and the all powerful hand gesture.