*Gratitude for knowing, as I drove away for my part time job orientation on Saturday, that I would never again have to miss this little smile because I'm lucky enough to be able to work, for the remainder of law school only, at home while he is napping.
*Gratitude for my Nikon so I can capture these little moments. Caden's favorite thing in the bath is to suck on a washcloth. He kicks and giggles when I hand it to him.*Gratitude for wonderful people like Lesley who take the time to show me how to shoot in manual. I'm learning slowly, very slowly.
*Gratitude for an incredible husband who works so hard for his family and treats me SO well. He planed a date night to Shoots this week and was brave enough to try the new BoBo platter. (I highly recommend it--you grill your food at your table--it was quite fun!)
*Gratitude for learning twice as much because I got to hear the Sunday School lesson twice due to the fact that Bry was teaching and he used me as his trial run.*Gratitude for our diet coke. We have spent the year trying to give it up but it just isn't happening.
*Gratitude for laundry basket rides that end in big hugs.
*Gratitude for friends who come over even though we feed their child way too much fondue chocolate and keep him up until eleven at night.*Gratitude for far away friends that still have the ability to make you laugh and mean so much.
*Gratitude for aunts and uncles that give Caden so much love.
*Gratitude for the simply pleasures in life: rice cereal mixed with squash. After every bit he yells "MmMmM," and he gets very impatient when I don't shovel it in fast enough.
*Lastly, gratitude for family and friends who care that we keep them up-dated on our lives. Bryan woke me up the other night and says, "I forgot to tell you that my dad is extremely disappointed in you." "What'd I ever do to him?" "You didn't up-date the blog."

14 comments:
You have such a beautiful family and I can tell you are an amazing mom. Thanks for reminding me of all the things I am grateful for too.
Gratitude for the most awesome sister in law...that it dosen't feel right to put the "in-law" with the sister. You are the best.
You are a sweet wife ashley and also reminded me of things I am grateful also
Now that's more like it. I better not see you fall behind again!
I love that "what did I ever do to him"... I'm getting hooked on blogs too, keep up the good pics etc.... I love Caden eating! J
i am grateful for YOU! even though i am a bad friend and only keep updated through your blog half the time... are those your canvas prints in the background!? love them! where did you get them done? and i LOVE his eating noises! he would definitely fit in at our dinner table!
Love the pictures and video--Lily was the same with eating--I was always afraid she would choke with as fast as she ate. What's your new job?
don't ever try to give diet coke up again, you will never win plus i will probably not speak to you
Thanks for the reminder of gratitude. It's so true, we have so much to be thankful for.
LOL, that video of Caden is Hilarious, you cant even tell thats him making the noises, he's so concentrated on eating his food..CUTE!!!
Love your list. I think I better make a list of my own...David woke me up at 4:35 this morning and I've been up ever since so I'm not feeling too grateful....
Your pictures are beautiful!
Oh my gosh Ash - the video of him eating is sooo cute! How long has he been eating foods? I haven't started feeding Tay anything yet, but probably will soon. I can't believe that my baby is like 4 pounds heavier than yours...enjoy having a "light" baby while you can, my back and arms get pretty sore from caring my monster baby around-haha! (David's started calling him monster, poor little guy!) Anyway, what part time job are you doing? I am typing Dr. dictations from home...but it is only like 5 hours a week or so and I'm getting faster.
So I had to show my mom your blog this weekend while she's in town because you have the cutest baby ever! I swear he looks so perfect!!
Post a Comment