Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Forget Bad News Bears...

...try bears who bring bad news." --Erika Hoggatt
This story made my day. Too funny! So Erika met this boy her first week here at BYU. Nice enough kid but he immediately fell in love and she immediately knew she had an unwanted stalker. For the purpose of this story we will call the stalker Jamba Juice...the nickname Bryan and I gave him on his first ask out attempt. I'm sure you can put two and two together. Since the first attempt Jamba Juice has probably texted my poor sister 900 times, asked her on multiple dates, and shown up where she is out of the blue. The other day I got a call from Erika saying that I needed to come to her dorm immediately. I go to lunch with her today and see what the emergency was. There is a build-a-bear box on her floor. I pick up the cute bear and push the paw to hear none other than Jamba Juices voice, "Erika will you be my Queen and go to Homecoming with me." HA! Erika gave me the play by play. Apparently he called her to come to his dorm to get "chem homework help" and then hands her the box. This kid is genius. Coerce a girl to go to Homecoming with you by spending a ton of money on a cute bear and putting her in a position that she cannot say no. The best part is that he asked if she would go to not one but TWO DANCES with him this weekend. And the entertainment begins. I never knew how fun it would be to be the big sister. :)

5 comments:

Amy D. said...

Gimley.....NERD!!! That is all i have to say about Jamba Juice...NERD. So embarrassed for him that he even went in to build a bear. The workers were probably dying at him.

kristen said...

oh bless...haha. my favorite part about that picture is how your sister is in every way a complete opposite of you! blue clothes, blue sheets, blue backpack, tennis shoes under the bed... love it.

adam and andrea said...

hahaha - this is hilarious...sorry Erika! These are the stories that will make you laugh for years to come...

*katie said...

Oh poor girl. I hope she's able to have a fun time. I can't believe he would ask her to 2 dances!!! Crazy boy. Give the girl a break and look for the clues letting you know she's not interested! Hope she has fun! :)

Unknown said...

My darling neices, how can you blame the guy. He sees quality even in a crowd of thousands. (And as you know I always speak the truth). KT showed me how to link to your site from hers so now you'll have to deal with my input too. I love you globs and just relax and enjoy the BYU adventure (but if you need a double-tap elbow drop, help is on the way....