Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brandywine Farms

After Franny's untimely death Bryan decided he wanted more goats. The two we have are not effectively mowing the 3 fenced acres. It's making us look like bad neighbors. So...we got three new baby goats. Bry and Caden went weeks ago with Bryan's dad to pick them out when they were just weeks old. Monday we were finally able to pick them up. Ours are actually temporarily squatting at the other Phipps residence while we build them a safe home so they don't suffer the same fate as Franny. Gasp. We got the goats from a breeder at Brandywine Farms. The kids were loving it there. Especially Parker who found a way to cause mischief every 5 seconds and inevitably ended up in his car seat strapped in safe and sound. Some days I still cannot believe that I live in the country. If you had gone back in time and told highschool ashley that this would be her life I think she would have laughed in your face. Or maybe she would have cried. Okay, probably cried, and then taken three showers. But, honestly, I love this life! I love that my kids get to experience all these neat adventures. I love that living here has made me a better person in a lot of ways, but yet not changed me so much that the younger Ashley isn't still very recognizable. :)

This guy was my favorite. We are still working on names, so I'll keep you posted. I'm sure you'll all be losing sleep from the anticipation.
Caden had a hard time grasping how to be soft. He would grab a big tuft of hair on the goats back and try to lift him up. And the kid doesn't miss a thing. Really! He saw one of the larger goats kick one the babies. What does he do? Gives it a swift jump kick right back. Logical consequence I guess. I would love to know what my mother-in-law is thinking right here! "My grandkids are nuts. Why did I buy so many goats {9}? Why is Ashley letting that goat go to the bathroom on her foot?" Yes, that really happened. And yes, I bleached my foot.Little Parky was loving being in the goat's house and Evan was more than happy to help him stay there. I adore that devious little smile. :) And I fear the mass destruction that will come from 4 boys in a row on this side of the family. {Tami is pregnant with the 4th...not me! :) }We ended the night we a nice game of King of the Hill. And really, really long baths. Here is to another adventure on the property.

5 comments:

Linds said...

Love it! I would kill for some land and goats and chickens! I want a pony too! Someday!

Amy said...

Goats. Even I am in awe:)

Anonymous said...

Hahah I love it! Im actually completly jelous of your wonderful livings. I would do anything to live in a part of the country, raise goats and chickens and have a place to roam without neighbors peaking at you. Enjoy it now, because I bet you a hundred bucks, when and if you move, you will miss it SO much!
your a good country side mother, seems to fit you amazing well I would have to say..

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Ashley, you crack me up. And yes, it is hard to imagine this as your life when my memories of you are made up of things like you swiping a disinfecting wipe through the credit card reader at the health center.

Bridget said...

Happy 3rd birthday to Caden!!! YOur boys are so cute Ash...miss you and love you. Please remember to let me know when you are coming to MN or WI! I would love to see you and meet your lovely family.