Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"If my ears start bleeding..."

You know those guys, the ones who are super tough? They can work a full day, landscape the entire yard, drive a tractor while lifting 200 pounds with a single finger, and then come in a make a 5 star dinner. They never complain about anything, BUT then they get sick, and they turn into the BIGGEST BABY in the United States of America?!? Yeah, well, I married one of them.

The last few days Bryan has been sooooooooooo sick {mind you, I have been dealing with the same cold for 3 weeks, and both boys have had it equally as long}. I swear not 20 seconds has gone by without me hearing a grunt or moan. He purposely breaths at an nonhuman volume, much like Darth Vader. Bryan walks around the house hunched over, repeating how he's surely going to die, or his head is going to explode, or his ears are going to bleed... I sure wish something would happen already to put us all out of our misery. I haven't slept in 2 nights because apparently his "restless leg syndrome" also acts up when he's on his death bed. I get kicked 20 to 30 times a night followed by prolonged bouts of completely unnecessary hacking and sniffling which is then accompanied by more moans and groans. All I can say is bless the gene pool for giving me Caden who does not act at all like his father. Parker on the other hand suffers from an intense case of Bryan-itis. Like Parker, I'm sure Bryan would have been begging, "up, up," all day long if that were physically possible.
This is all said with the greatest amount of love any wife could have for her husband in his deepest time of need. Once the cold finally does him in, like he's sure it will, I'll make sure to only say the nice things I started out with at the beginning of this post when I deliver his eulogy.

10 comments:

Matt 'n Erin said...

I miss you Ash! Come visit us soon.
Hope Bryan survives.

Kristina said...

Your post reminded me of this. You might enjoy the video...
http://www.modernmormonmen.com/2011/04/man-colds.html
That picture had me laughing out loud.

*katie said...

Hahaha, oh boy, you made my morning! Man up Bryan! Oh wait, MOM up! :)

Bridget said...

This makes me laugh...a lot!!!

Unknown said...

My husband has the same syndrome. So manly all the time, except when he gets the sniffles. We went through this 2 weeks ago. Just after I finished a cold, he got it, and it was the.end.of.the.world. I rarely complained, went to work everyday, & still did my normal activities. He barely left the couch with moans & sighs all the time, and CONSTANTLY ate cough drops.

adam and andrea said...

I LOVE this post...after I read it, I made Adam read it by saying "read this - Ashley wrote a post about you!" The picture of Bryan is priceless. Both Adam and Brady are super pathetic when sick!

Sheila said...

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! OMG, I'm going to DIE laughing so hard Ashley!! I swear, you and every other woman in the world share something in common! As I am POSITIVE you had the exact same cold and had to function like a normal person caring for all the needs of your family with out the drama!! As Katie said, "mom up" so funny...my MIL still has feelings of resent from when her husband gets/got a cold and laid in bed ALL. DAY. LONG. and she STILL had to do everything for her FIVE other boys too!! HAHAHAHAAA

Melissa said...

I'd love t see the counterpoint on this one! :)

Anonymous said...

hahah, Im sure we all have married one of those. chris does the SAME Thing. he gets alittle cough and holy man its the end of the world. dang men--seriously what would they do if they had to endure 9 months of pregnancy and a week of labor, okay so stretching it, but still.... ask him if he wants to be pregnant for 9 months!!! too funy!

Lesley said...

Oh, I miss you so much it hurts. Dying laughing over here...