One of my friends posted a link to this blog on her facebook. For some reason I couldn't help but check it out. Moments later Bryan looks over at me and I'm bawling, almost to the point I can't breath. He laughed at me and asked why I was reading someone's blog, that I didn't even know, and allowing myself to feel so much saddness.
The truth is that I kept reading it because although it was painfully sad, it was filled with a spirit that was the exact reminder I needed of how precious this life is, of how each moment really is a gift. It also put things back into the eternal perspective, which sadly sometimes I lose sight of. I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of what is truly important. I am blessed beyond measure to be a wife, mother, and member of an eternal family. Challenges will come, {I can't help but hope they wont be as difficult as this families} but all that really matters is that we are an eternal family. We have forever.
This reminder couldn't have come at a better time...today I got the privelege of climbing into the Carl's Jr. playplace to rescue Parker. :)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh boy, I clicked over, but I don't think I can read it right now...I'm getting choked up and all I did was quickly scan the first few posts. Sinner needs to be finished and Alan is going to be home soon...but I will read it. Soon.
I read that same blog already! It made me bawl too! It is so so sad. Me and my friend were talking after that wondering what would be harder.. to lose a child or to die and leave children behind. I think leaving children behind would be worse and definitely harder. If you lose a child you can oneday raise them again - and you have your spouse to get through it. That is so so sad. I am sure it would have been much harder for her husband to raise that baby had the baby lived.
So so sad. Really makes you think about remembering the small things of life. Miss you guys.
OMGosh! I cannot Fatham the sadness that wonderful father and husband is going through. I am definatly making chris read the blog, so he can snap out of it and come to reality, as we all know, we need that once in a while, and this was it for me! Just could NEVER Imagine having to deal with not only a wife but your precious newly born child, absolutly breaks my heart to peices. SO SO SO Thankful for all we have and are. thanks for posting that Ashley, what an amazing story. :*(
I'm so glad you saw the link and shared it-- it is such a tender story and sure shocked me into whats really important.
I heard about the parker rescue... too bad Makayla and Pearl weren't there to get him down for you...
Post a Comment