Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Madness

We've been drinking away our sorrows with some good ol' homemade Dr. Pepper from our Soda Stream. It was sad to see BYU's winningest season end, especially because it will be the last time we get to watch Jimmer throw up his amazing 3's for the Y's team. I think what I was most impressed by was that when it was all said and done the thing Jimmer said he wanted to be remember for was being a good person. Now that's the kind of athlete I want to be my boys role model. This season was also a chance for BYU to set simple examples with all the controversy over suspending a player. To hear sports announces sing praises to BYU for staying true to their standards was sweet, and equally as sweet was seeing how the team rallied behind Davies to support him in making things right. We really are a gospel of values AND of forgiveness.In other news: Gramma Glenda came to visit. The boys were in heaven; I was in heaven. It was great to have my mom see where we are at, even if it was raining nearly the entire time. Luckily that was still a step up from the cold snow. :)
Mom got the boys a Tickle Me Elmo. Caden was under the impression that he had to really be tickling Elmo for him to laugh.A few months ago Caden's mean mom threw away his yellow blankey. I was tired of the tantrums that came when he wanted it, and figured it was time to grow up. The other night he came wondering out to the family room with this. Bry looks at me, "why does he have a fitted sheet?" He found it in the closet and decided it would be his new blue blankey. It doubles as a head dress and cocoon.

5 comments:

The Kotaks said...

How adorable is your family!! I miss the Hoggatt clan. Hope we can catch up soon. Love you!!

Lesley said...

Oh how I miss you guys. Thank you for blogging because it makes me feel like I see you. Almost. Sort of. Not really.

WE MISS YOU

ps. yesterday Ella was talking about getting married and when I told her she couldn't marry Daddy because I already did she said "hmmmmm, I marry Caden. Caden in California."

Kelly and Heather said...

Haha! That is so funny!

Tabitha said...

Do you love the soda stream? I was thinking about getting one. Your boys are so adorable!

Lora said...

My sister's security item was also a sheet. How funny!