Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some Randoms.

We've been staying busy around here. Bry took a few days off of work to go scuba diving off Catalina Island with all the Phipps' boys. They were on a lobster boat; Before they left they all talked a big game, but guess how many lobster they came home with?

Uno.
I'm sure they will blame it all on the Tsunami (which surely aged me at least 5 years.) It's a good thing that all that really matters is they had fun. While they were gone we had a fabulous girls day out with pedicures, eating, shopping, and celebrating Tami and Wes's 10 year anniversary. The other three days were filled with special mommy and boys time, and me triple checking that my doors were locked tight.

I read the Hunger Game series. I highly recommend it. Very fun read!

Finished decorating our toy room. Pictures to come...

Our goat, Frannie, has mysteriously disappeared. I don't know if she ran away or a mountain lion ate her. It's devastating either way.

And I got to take a quilting applique class with my MIL and 6 other quilting ladies. It was pretty exciting to learn the tricks of the trade, and add another skill to my lacking list. The teacher talked about starting her applique journey in '97 and all I could think was, what was I doing in 7th grade?... Definitely wasn't this.

My baby isn't much of a baby anymore. Parker has changed so much this last little bit. He climbs and jumps on everything. His favorite places to be are dancing on the kitchen table or stomping on Caden's train table.
Little Linus follows me around like this while I clean the house.

In other news we are still potty training. I'm convinced this is the worst part of parenting. The ladies in my ward say I'm wrong, that's the teen years. We'll see...

It's not that he doesn't understand. He understands alright. The other day he got put on a timeout. It just so happens that his timeout spot has been in the bathroom on a stool. So to spite me he pees all over the floor and then rolls in it. Dis.gust.ing. Bryan thought that maybe I was just upset and overreacting. When Caden did it again the next day, he didn't think he was as cleaver as he cleaned it all up.

He has a rocket shape on his night time pull-ups that disappears if he pees. Some nights he does better than others, but one morning I asked him where his rocket went? He responds, "I did not go potty. The rocket flew up in the sky and disappeared."

As I finishing up, Caden has asked me to clean his ears four times, and is now telling me that, "animals are stomping in my ears." Sounds like we are going to have a trip to the doctors office...

6 comments:

kristen said...

awww... but they're so cute ash. Ü

gbrooks said...

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who was aged several years due to the tsunami. Sam & his brother were headed out surfing that morning and I'm pretty sure anyone within a 100 mile radius of Sam could hear me yelling that he was not to get in the water or else. The or else part was mostly that he would die and then the whole thing would backfire on me, not him. Glad they were safe and caught something!

Megan said...

1 WEEK!!!! :) Don't get too worn out with your mom there because I want to party and have fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

omg--your caden is hilarious! what clever little boy... oh goodness! I love hearing these stories from you, just amazes me the stories well hear in the future with all the girls and you can laugh right back. Makes you sit back and relize why you enjoy being a mom doesnt it!

ENJOY all the fun things you will have to look forward to!

Paul said...

So what of the underwater skills, technique, and acrobatics, so precise and in cinque they would make Mohamad Ali envious. What about the credit for the 25+ lobster we had to let go for being a mere 1/8 to 1/4 inch too small when we measured them? That’s right, give credit where credit is due. We were and are a finely tuned hunting machine--despite the adverse conditions of nature. You may taunt, sneer, tease, harass, and even mock now, but . . . .the future has a way of correcting the injustices of the past. So wallow in your memories of pedicures, eating and shopping, while those who must prepare for the day of hunting and gathering hone their skills and save their vacation days.

And just remember. . . what happens on the ocean, stays on the ocean.

adam and andrea said...

too funny...looking forward to your playroom pics, I need some ideas for ours!! : )