Sunday, September 26, 2010

CraZy.

I was reading Parents Magazine the other day. I had to laugh when the article about 2 kids under 2 was in the Mental Health section.

Later that same day my sister in law and I were talking about spacing between kids. I said that I couldn't even think about another baby right now. She agreed saying, yeah, your going to wait awhile then huh?!? I told her for sure, I'd have to wait at least a few months before I could even think about it. She laughed at me, because she was expecting me to say a few years.

Maybe I am crazy...

As far as kids go, it is a very different world here. A friend in our church ward told me that there are only 3 families in our entire elementary/middle school system that have 3 children. Not even 3+ children, just 3 period!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, to each their own, but I'm really going to look crazy if I show up to school with as many kids as I'd like to have.
And then there are the looks that come our way when we dare to venture out with the kiddos. I've had someone tell me thank you because I reminded her to take her birth control that day. Wow!
I just have to laugh. I might be crazy, but at least I'm also confident in the decisions we've made with our family. Even more confident that the Lord knows exactly what we need.

Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Utah anymore...

My baby started standing about a week after we got here.

At Apple Hill with Amy, Tami, Maryann...and 8 kids.

I love that my little boy managed to be the only kid who was covered head to toe in mud. I tell myself it's because I'm the fun mom, but really it's because my kid is crazy and I couldn't stop him fast enough from playing in the muddy pond. I swear I have witnesses. At least I can say he had a very, very good time on his first California friend outing.

While we were here another group of moms asked me how close together my boys were. I told them 19 months. One mom replies with: "And people said I was crazy having mine 23 months apart." I'm so sure her opinion of me changed as I left Parker 25 feet behind me while I chased Caden who eventually locked himself in the port-a-potty leaving me on the outside banging for him to open that filthy door. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Don't do well with germs.

Caden and P playing in the yard.

Life might be a little crazy, but truth be told, that's exactly how I like it.

9 comments:

kami said...

you know, i know exactly what you mean. two little ones is definitely busy, and i am by no means ready for a third, but so much of me wants my children to be close. i want them to experience things together. i don't really want a 17 year old and a 2 year old. i'll take those stages one at a time, thank you very much. i think that is the best thing: knowing that you are doing what the Lord would have you do. whether that means 5 kids 2 years apart or 3 kids 5 years apart, it doesn't matter...it is what's best for you!

ps, i meant to comment on your last post about how much i love your home! it is beautiful!

kristen said...

I wish we could be the crazies together at the park who both want a boat load full of kids. Then we would be starting a trend and people would think it's cool. Although, we already know it's cool so it doesn't really matter... K now I'm rambling. I love parker's teeth! And I just realized we both have second child "p's"... That could get confusing. Parker piper Parker piper. Wow.

J.Phipps said...

So jealous, you better of gotten caramel apples or I will personally let those chickens free in your house so that they lay *gasp* eggs everywhere. I do love thier caramel apples haha.

Anonymous said...

very cute story!! love the last picture!

Kelly and Heather said...

So I always read your blog but I never comment...so now I am going to. Your blogs are hilarious I love reading every one of them! It looks like Caden is quite the little handful! Thank goodness he is so cute! :) That's what we say about Rylee. She has quite the little attitude and she is only 3 months! Looks like you are doing so good though!

gbrooks said...

I think you were justified in having a nervous break down about the port a potty - ew!

If you ever get down, you can always visit Sam's parents in Woodland. There may only be 2 kids (of 6) left at home, but it is ALWAYS crazy there!

The Boeckmann's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Boeckmann's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Boeckmann's said...

Crazy!!! I can imagine that your house is crazy at times, but as we know it is the craziness that makes our life soo fun! Then again, I only have one, so my craziness is limited for the time being. When I am ready to be pregnant again...big sigh...I will work on number 2!! Yes I did make Gracelyn a hat! I am making her a brown one with a ribbon next! I am not what you would call "crafty" but I guess everyone has their moments. I also made apple cobbler last night! Who knew that having a family would turn me into such a homemaker!! Love reading your blog and keeping in touch with you!!! We really do need to get together next time you are home! I think the kids would have a blast playing together!