Friday, September 03, 2010

Meet our Chickens.

Picking out our breeds at Lee's Feed. We got Wynadotes and Bantams. The first for the egg producing abilities and the second for the gentile nature and well, because I thought they were cute. I hate eggs...you didn't honestly think I'd get chickens just for eggs did you?!?
Getting the cage ready for the baby chicks.Putting the baby chicks into their home for the next four weeks.
Introducing the 3 Ninjas...they look so much alike you could never tell them apart anyway.Batman and snow sniper. Sense a theme in the names? Whelp, I'm surrounded by boys. Don't expect any Daisies or Pinkies at my house any time soon.{Caden affectionately calls him snipey.}
We woke up bright and early to check on our little chicks. They survived their first night! And yes, I checked on them like 3 times in the middle of the night. I guess the nurturer in me extends to chickens too...weird.

7 comments:

Amy said...

We have a light we're not using if you need it once it starts to get cold... Watching you reminds me so much of me. I am a suburbuan through and through, but when Pearl was about Caden's age I decided we needed some chicks, so here I am...It was worth it. She woud sit for hours and hours watching her chicks... enjoy!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love it. Just so you know...Once a country girl, you can never go back, your in for it all girl! I love it, chickens. who would have thought! Enjoy the fun times, my parents had a chicken when I was little that my brother actually brought home from Mr. Shillings class that we got to keep, that thing used to chase my around the house, and also clean the flees off our old dog!! I have some well...hilarious stories about growing up with chickens..enjoy because Im sure your boys will too!

Anonymous said...

oh and by the way, our chickens name was "Daisy"

Ledebuhr Family said...

I love it! My aunt and uncle have chickens at their house in the middle of Salt Lake and it got me thinking...maybe next summer I'll join you in chicken farming :)

*katie said...

So fun! Alan is going to be totally jealous of your country living!

benandkiki said...

Are you guys back in the sacramento area? If so, we'll have to try to get together some time. Congrats to Bryan on passing the Bar!

J.Phipps said...

Umm did hell freeze over?