Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Random Thoughts

Bryan wants his kids to play soccer. I thought I agreed until I watched the World Cup. Are you kidding me?!? They get touched, fall over, and play dead. They weren't men, they were little girls in tutus. If my kids do choose to play soccer I'm teaching them to call everyone who acts like that a big pansy. And then they can kick them in the shins. Okay, I'm kidding about that last part.

Have you seen Julie and Julia? I believe in the movie Julie says some line like, "Cooking is the greatest comfort because you know as long as you follow a recipe it will turn out exactly the same each time." HA! She must be the biggest liar ever because that's never happened for me.

Reverse psychology no longer works on Caden. He wouldn't get out of the car after begging, so I drag him out after he jumped to the driver seat. "NOOOOOOO, me sleep in car, me sleep in car by self." Yeah, wonder where you got that great idea.

I really hate eggs. My mother and father in law got a chicken coop and it made me have this ridiculous thought. "Ashley, maybe by not eating you are really missing something spectacular, like if you'd never eaten chocolate." Well, then I saw the Kate Plus 8 when she got her chicken coop and they had an entirely egg dinner. I was literally throwing up in my mouth and had to leave the room. I am not missing anything. I hate eggs. And I cannot believe I had the audacity to compare them to chocolate.

I think because I was pregnant for basically three years straight that I have permanent hormonal damage. I cried at the end of Toy Story 3. Big tears.

And, yes, it sounds like all I ever do is watch TV. Lets get real here, when you are stuck indoors after 7:30 PM every night of your life watching TV becomes like going on a really sweet vacation.

10 comments:

Bethany said...

I have said that exact thing to my family! I dont consider myself a terrible cook but there is absolutely no comfort in cooking for me, Im always nervous some little thing will screw up my entire dish and make all the work I did useless.

The Kotaks said...

Lol! That's exactly what I've said about soccer. They are all little pansies. All we do over here is watch 'football'...you can imagine how annoyed I get!

Lesley said...

you are hilarious, my friend.

Ledebuhr Family said...

Ash you crack me up. I agree with the soccer comment. It's kind of like watching pro basketball. They're pretty good actors! :) Thanks for sharing the humor.

Linds said...

I bawled at the end of TS3 too...It was just so sweet!

adam and andrea said...

LOVE IT. All of it. Thanks for the laugh! : )

Melissa said...

LOL, love it. I'm going to quote you to my soccer playing brothers, if you don't mind!

I was thinking about the hormones the other day and I completely agree that my entire makeup must have been altered. Since August of 2005 I have only had FOUR MONTHS where I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding. Thats coming on 5 years and I just started feeding the little man- another 10 months to go! before I have my body back!

*katie said...

I think it's a shame that we don't live closer to each other. Seriously, we could have such good times, I'm sure of it:)

Heather Dayton said...

I totally teared up in Toy Story 3 at least 5 different times in the last 15 minutes. :) But then again...my hormones are still out of wack too-haha! Are you guys staying here in Utah for Bryan to work? We should definitely get together. We are moving back to Provo next month. :)

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

I hear you about the 7:30 thing--we live in a cul-de-sac and the neighbors and their kids are always out till like 9 or 10 each night talking, playing, running around, whatever. I am inside because my kid goes to sleep at 7:30 every night, and my husband is in the basement doing homework. The TV and are definitely getting tight. :)