Tuesday, July 06, 2010

July 2nd

I have always loved that my birthday is so close to the 4th of July. It's pretty fun to have fireworks on your birthday. This year Bry surprised me with an all day Birthday Date. We woke up early and went to Magelby's Fresh for all you can eat pancakes. So good. After I picked out a new pair of running shoes {yay! thank you mom and dad phipps.} we headed down to Jordon Commons for Toy Story 3. {had to do something to keep the boys entertained}. Caden was excitedly yelling for Buzz and Woody the whole movie and it was darn cute. Then after some more shopping {my husband is a saint :) }, we headed home for cake and a BBQ. Caden was not about to wait for the cake to be cut.
{At Jordon Commons}
The kiddies getting ready to do Sparklers.Caden's experience went something like this: Steve and Josh putting on a show.
A Family Portrait of our fireworks experience:
Caden was terrified.
As this birthday came closer it was hard for me to wrap my head around being 27. Not because it's old, but because I can't believe I'm actually to this stage of life. Most days when I think about myself, I still feel like I should be a kid. But I'm not a kid any more. I have a husband and two kids of my own. AND we aren't college students any more; BRYAN HAS A REAL JOB! {more on that later...} Maybe some day I will reconcile with the fact that I am indeed an adult now.
Anyway, thanks to everyone that made my day so special. I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July celebrations as much as we did! {And much more than Caden}.

7 comments:

*katie said...

What a fun birthday! We still haven't done fireworks with the boys because I'm fairly certain they would have looked like Caden...plus with the new baby and all... I had a great excuse!

adam and andrea said...

your face in the last picture is priceless...especially next to Caden's. Love it. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! You deserve it girl!

Shara said...

hahah Looks fun. Glad you had a good birthday!

kristen said...

I just texted you and I'm still burying my head in the sand. Love you ash!

BRooKe said...

Yea for July 2nd! I too love my birthday being just before the 4th! It makes is seem like a bigger deal with all the fireworks and festivities!

Jolene said...

I remember "HOT" was one of Caden's first words. He's just wondering what the heck everyone is doning.

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had the royal treatment you deserve. Now hurry up and give us the details of Bryan's new job! Yay! Yay! Yay!