Friday, February 19, 2010

Parker Mathews Phipps

Parker was blessed on Valentine's Day. It was a great way to celebrate the day of love since this little boy has brought so much more into our home. (Don't worry, don't worry, Bry and I had a romantic date a few days earlier.) Parker's blessing was so special; unique to him. Bry did a wonderful job! Parker was an angel and Caden repeated "daddy" though most of it. Bry's dad brought out his INCREDIBLE Cannon camera. I was in Heaven using it all week. I believe I took over 900 pictures in 5 days. Some of my family that lives in Utah were able to be at the blessing. I seriously feel like I have the most awesome extended family ever. We are very lucky! And of course it was absolutely wonderful to have my little sister there to represent the Hoggatt clan.

Caden was not having the forced pictures...so he took off. Phipps' stayed with us for Bryan's placement break. I love that my in-laws don't feel like in-laws--they are just part of my circle of trust. :) As always, we had such a fun time while they were here! Caden was entertained all week and is sitting on my lap right now naming everyone: Gammama, daddy, mommy, baby, bumma, caden, jay-am, megan, kayka. (And Tami...Makayla said if I posted this picture you would kill Megan for letting her wear those shoes with those clothes. Show mercy, after waiting an hour for "the men" to figure out how to set the self timer none of us actually cared about the picture any more).Side Note: Jolene took me to finally see New Moon. First, I loved it 9 million times more than Twilight. Second, if you are supposed to think that Jacob's beauty is incomparable to Edward's they did HORRIBLY at casting! :) Moving on...it is impossible to get a picture of the 4 of us.Personally, I think I'm going to have twins that are just 20 months apart...Caden was enamored with his cousin Makayla. He followed her everywhere. And I think he was delighted to get out of the house.

3 comments:

kristen said...

oh my gosh... your little cousin (i forget her name) is HUGE! what a cute little fam!

*katie said...

Such a beautiful family:) Love all the pictures!

Megan said...

Great Pics Ash!! I love parker's sparkling eyes :) you should post the park pictures :) !! you know...with all your spare time