Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Firsts.

First: Month of life. Parker has continued to be an amazing baby. It truly feels like he's always been part of our family. And maybe that's because families are eternal, and he was always meant to be part of ours. What a blessing!
First: Week in the Big Boy Bed. Followed by First: Night asleep on the floor.

Caden had been doing so well in his big boy bed. He'd stay in bed and sleep for 12 hours. I had this feeling that it was too good to be true. 4 nights in Caden was having a hard time falling asleep; He wouldn't let us leave by saying, "lay" and pointing to his pillow. This went on for over an hour, ending with us leaving him to try to fall asleep on his own. Since he is still so little, he can get out of the bed, but not back in. I feel awful now, because I let him cry it out...but in reality he was probably crying because he couldn't get back into his bed once he'd gotten out. I went to check on him a half an hour later and open the door to this chubby foot (have I ever mentioned that he has to wear an EXTRA WIDE shoe):Poor guy had reached into the laundry basket and pulled out the bassinet liner to use as a blanket. The next day during his nap this little genius outsmarted us. He's too short to open the turn knob doors on his own, but smart enough to know he can open the sliding door to the jack and jill bath, and then get out through the nursery. I thought I'd heard him so I headed up the stairs to check on him, only to be scared half to death by his little smirk around the corner. Luckily, he's been doing awesome since this little episode. Snuggles into his covers and puts his arms behind his head to settle in for a nice snooze.
First: Fort.

Gotta do something to keep this kid entertained during the winter. I keep thinking spring is around the corner...and then I realize it's the beginning of February. Dream on my dear.

First: Time Caden said I love you to Bry and I.

It came out more like "yuv yoo," but it was a heartmelter none the less.

7 comments:

adam and andrea said...

I love Parker's adorable little smirk! He's a heartbreaker! How funny that Caden made his own little floor-bed...he's a resourceful one! : ) I have a feeling he will continue to give you a run for your money...

Jen R. said...

we learned with adelyn that you cannot lay down next to her. If you do then she'll never let you leave. Also, we put a stool next to her bed, she had the same problem.

*katie said...

You are so ahead of us! My boys are still in their cribs...and yes they just turned 3!! :)
Very cute pictures and that first little yuv yoo is awesome!

Megan said...

First: Clearly stating my name fifty times when I wasn't there...precious :)

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Adorable! Ashley, I think you cornered the genes market as far as which of you your kids look like. :) We switched Lily to a toddler bed just after Christmas and she's doing pretty good, but when she falls out we definitely hear it because she has a hard wood floor--ouch! She's like me, though--her favorite part of the day is getting in bed to go to sleep--she runs to it when we tell her it's time to go to sleep.

Tara and Spencer Frye said...

Ashley, Your boys are so cute! It makes me even more excited for our little man on the way! What an adorable family!

J.Phipps said...

You sure that picture of Caden passed out on the floor wasn't after you gave him a full bottle of NyQuil because you just simply had enough?