Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Oh Boy!

Winter is getting LONG. Caden has cabin fever like you wouldn't believe. I try so hard to be the mom that constantly plays with him, that does activities that teach, but with a new baby he isn't the only one that I have to worry about any more. He is still an awesome little guy but I can tell he is getting bored, which is leading to him come up with new things to do...This boredom combined with the fact that he is fearless is just fantastic. Hope you caught my sarcasm. I've been searching the internet trying to come up with new games/activities/projects to do with an almost 2 year old so we can survive the rest of winter. And while I'm sure I will still let him "try new tricks" when I'm in the room, any suggestions are more than welcome!
And I just had to throw these pictures on here. I just can't get enough of our little Parker. He gave us his first real smile the other night. I swear that will NEVER get old.

3 comments:

kami said...

i seriously was just thinking the same thing...we don't have to be inside but with a brand new baby we are indoors a lot too! however summer is coming up and then we WILL be stuck in here and i am also in need of some ideas to keep max busy and entertained! pass along any great ideas you find...i'd love them!!

*katie said...

so not fun. I won't even pretend I have it as bad as you...considering the fact that we never get snow, but we have had our share of rainy cold days and I'm so over it! My little men go mad stir crazy and needless to say, so do I!!!!!

DeFriez Designs said...

Oh I feel your pain! The boys are SO cabin feverish here too! It was maybe 40 degrees here and it was a HORRAY we can play outside in the back yard... we'll the 3 boys did, Nathan and I stayed inside. But they are LITERALY bouncing off the walls somedays lately! Anyway I also wanted to say what an Adorable little guy Parker is (Caden too of course) but I love those new pics of Parker, he looks like a Parker... and is just so Cute! Hope all is well with your family! Love the DeFriez's (Brian's DeFriez's)