Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life is insane but I'm taking 5 seconds for myself and writing this stuff down.

Caden is picking up on words left and right. Toaster, smoothie, Grandma, Amen, Parky...
The other day we ask him a question and what does this kid respond with?!?
"Si."
Yes, apparently he is bilingual.
And he has gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Little hulk. He runs--pretty sure he doesn't even know how to walk--for 16 hours straight so I have no idea how that happened....Parker's 2 week stats are as follows:
Weight: 8 lbs 9 oz
Height: 21 inches

This boy loves to sleep. I didn't know newborns were supposed to be like this after Caden. I mean, I had to put a cold wash clothe on him to try and wake him up to eat, no luck. Caden then proceeded to turn on his CD player to the loudest volume possible and he just kept on sleeping. Wish he would have just slept through his circumcision today... :(
Also, Parker has already acquired many nicknames thanks to his father: Park Place, Central Park, Parks and Rec.
Along with a few sayings: All Park and no Bite. I have decided that sometimes Heavenly Father just wants to give us something to laugh about down the road. Brand new baby, start of the last semester of school, and I get a call from my poor husband to come and pick him up, begging me to take him to the ER. I believe the text that followed while he was waiting for a ride (since I had given my mom the car that day), went something like this: "I just really want those onion rings that we had while we were at the hospital for Parker and need a ride."

Prognosis: Bulging disk. Luckily we like to laugh around here and Bry's pretty hilarious on pain meds.
Last night he made a valiant effort to help with the baby, even while on the heavy drugs. At 2:30 he gets up with him, but turns on all the bedroom lights along with a movie and says to me..."You better still be sleeping." Asking the impossible?!? I look up at him 20 minutes later, his movie still going, but his eyes shut. I ask him why he doesn't shut off his computer because he's clearly asleep. "I'm listening with my EARS." He doesn't remember this.
Me, I am LOVING being a mommy of 2!!! And would like to send a special thank you out to both our mothers for being so incredible these last few weeks. We love you both so much, and appreciate all your help!!
I think this is about all I need to remember from this week. Signing off. 10-4 good buddies.

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

That picture of Caden is priceless...Just to make sure he keeps his wieght up, I am sending him two boxes of Gir Scout cookies:)

kami said...

max is picking up new words left and right too!!! maybe it's the being a big brother thing?? it's so fun (the talking thing...)!