Friday, January 08, 2010

Flashback to Christmas

Since it will be our first and last Christmas in Utah we wanted to go down to the Salt Lake Temple to see the lights. Sometimes I am still in awe that we were married in such a beautiful, special place. Well, our idea was great in theory, but Caden was NOT impressed and cried the entire time. We even got him a cookie and hot chocolate at the Nauvoo Cafe and that just brought more tears.
We tried to carry on one of the Phipps family traditions but we couldn't find a single Chinese food restraunt open on Christmas Eve night. That was a bummer. I think Bryan was in deep, deep depression. So we headed home and carried on a Hoggatt family tradition: watched the Christmas devotional and let Caden open one present. Christmas morning was so fun with Caden being a year older. He came down to see his Santa stuff and had the cutest, most excited look on his face. The night before Bryan and I had made a bet as to whether he would run to his juice or slide first. The juice won.




















After a morning of opening presents and spending time with just the 3 of us we headed to my Aunt Allene's for a delicious Christmas lunch. We got to spend time there with my cousins and grandparents. Then that night we were able to have our close friends, the Cope's, over for Christmas dinner.
























Caden got a train table from Grandma Jolene and Bumpa. He LOVED it. The big hug for dad after Bryan set it up shows just how excited he was.


















































I'm sure there is a ton more that I could say about Christmas but I'll be honest, life since then has changed so much I hardly remember anything.

6 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Congratulations on little Parker, he is adorable! Babies are so fun. Though I really wish the stork would drop off the rest of mine! :)

Megan said...

Well...I bet you look at those pictures of you being pregnant...and it makes you happy to be where you are now. Well, lets not include tonight while playing cards ;)

kami said...

congratulations on parker!! he is sooo cute! and i totally know what you mean about christmas...life has definitely changed since then for us too! but it's all great changes!

kristen said...

juice and a slide. what more could a little boy want!? i bet that all seems like a lifetime ago now that you are a family of FOUR!

Janelle said...

fun Christmas! you sure packed in a lot in those couple of days. good for you!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Caden is so cute, him hugging dad is quite precious! its so amazing how interactive they really become the older they get, I cant wait to watch our little one grow up, but for now Ill leave it in my belly where it belongs ;)
Glad christmas was good for you!