Monday, October 20, 2008

First Food

We gave Caden his first Rice Cereal. Oh so entertaining. He went through lots of emotions in that ten minutes. We knew he had had enough when he tilted his head up, did his tight lip, and gave me the "don't even think about it" look. You'd think the kid was two. I'm hoping he's smart like his mom and thinks cereal is the most disgusting food ever...right next to eggs. (Sooo happy when the doctor told Bryan kids can't try eggs til 15 months!!!!!!)

Caden has also decided he wants to be mobile. It started with the head/army crawl. He'd burrow his head into the ground and push forward with his toes. Now's he's slowly learning to keep his head up and go for the toys. I can tell he's feeling quite accomplished. I, on the other hand, am not sure how I feel about this...
Am I excited about the milestone or should I hobble his feet?!? :)

7 comments:

benandkiki said...

First foods are so fun. It's amazing how they have their likes and dislikes. I know how you feel about the milestones. It's so fun to see them crawl and walk, yet it means a whole new level of baby proofing and work. Crawling is fun, you can still barracade them in places. It's when they start walking and climbing that there is no stopping them. It's so exciting though.

J.Phipps said...

I'd throw that crap up too. Go Caden!

kristen said...

haha... i love that look he gives you! hey to answer bry back about photoshop- i have some overlays that i use, i probably downloaded them free somewhere, or you can buy some cool ones at designerdigitals.com
when you lay them over the picture you just set the blending mode to "multiply"

ps... you can totally feed kids eggs by 12 months. your dr. is probably some weirdo-egg-hater like you...haha. and my child HATES eggs! she secretly belongs to you!

kami said...

hobble his feet! :) jk. i feel the same way...is it happy or sad that they want to be mobile? i'm torn too. caden is so cute!

Steph said...

What a cute little thing he is!! Baby food always makes me feel like gagging, I wonder how it will be when Reagan starts to eat it :)

Jolene said...

I miss him. j

Larsen Family said...

Bet you never thought oozing food would be so cute.